For sale Jack Russell (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Sadly I have to let Tommy go as my wife has become allergic to him he is 5 Tom is perfect ley clean in the house and MH loves travelling does not do chewing can be left on his own £150 Hampshire

Attachments

• C3583735-E6DC-4113-9B37-B82CABD1C57D.jpeg
    C3583735-E6DC-4113-9B37-B82CABD1C57D.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 474
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Reading the other posts by T2 it appears that Tom is part of a major sell off of motorhome items..:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Most of the animal rescue charities say that you should always ask for money to avoid pets been taken by scammers and immediately resold on Gumtree. Or worse ... used for dogfighting.
Our lovely doodle was rehomed at 2 years (sold in a puby the man who had him from a pup) then again six months later (Gumtree). We were lucky to get him the second time and the chap was genuinely upset it hadn’t worked out. He’s been with us 4 1/2 years.
I hope it works out for the wee dog.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Most of the animal rescue charities say that you should always ask for money to avoid pets been taken by scammers and immediately resold on Gumtree. Or worse ... used for dogfighting.
Our lovely doodle was rehomed at 2 years (sold in a puby the man who had him from a pup) then again six months later (Gumtree). We were lucky to get him the second time and the chap was genuinely upset it hadn’t worked out. He’s been with us 4 1/2 years.
I hope it works out for the wee dog.

Friend of Mrs D's used to work in a rescue, she always said the same unless you know the people personally

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck I hope you are able to find him a suitable home.
I paid a lot more than £150 for a dog from a rescue centre last weekend.
He had been in the rescue centre for less than 2 days.
As said previously I think you have to charge to ensure you get a suitable home for him.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Please funsters, think before you post comments :unsure: ... I can't believe that is has been an easy decision for the OP to part with a member of his family and maybe the short but to the point OP is all that he can deal with at the moment, making less favourable postings won't help.

I agree that giving a 'price' is a good thing to ensure the dog goes to a home where he is really wanted, rather than someone who just 'thinks' its a good idea to have him as he's 'free' (yes it does happen); whether the OP ultimately charges is up to him and the new owner.

He looks like a lovely little chappy and I and hubby could be tempted but don't think my 3 girls would be that impressed although Tommy would be in heaven! :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There are some funsters who have lost dogs recently and 'may' be interested in having another, hopefully they'll see this thread and consider your lovely little chap.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We paid £300 for our Labradoodle BUT we were very heavily vetted including scrutining home visits first to see if we, AND OUR HOME, were suitable.

Anyone with money in their pocket can buy a dog ON A WHIM then realise they made a mistake.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We paid £300 for our Labradoodle BUT we were very heavily vetted including scrutining home visits first to see if we, AND OUR HOME, were suitable.

Anyone with money in their pocket can buy a dog ON A WHIM then realise they made a mistake.
Somehow I don't think its quite so likely as those who can get them free though ...

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I’d like to think your post is 4 days late, but sadly not. Words fail me, without getting a ban. (n)
Go on, let it out, take a ban for the team :rofl:

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
I was making light of a tough situation, I also understand asking for payment would ensure only serious enquiries will be made to find him a good home. Good luck.

I could never get rid of our 15 year old cat, well I say never... everything has a price and it would be a shame to keep her now she is shining like a bowling ball after her polish.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I think he's doing the right thing to find the best home for his pet.... must be hard to part after 5 years.

If I had to do the same and found someone suitable and prepared to pay I would offer the money back after if they sent me a video of Tommy in their home say 6 months later - It would be cruel to visit.

Hope there'a happy ending for all:)

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
A very cold classified type advert does not encourage positive feedback. money is of little importance when rehoming a well behaved family dog who is being rehomed through no fault of his own, a trial period at the new home is needed on the basis that if its does not work out the current owner takes the dog back.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Somehow I don't think its quite so likely as those who can get them free though ...
Yes, that's my point. The seller doesn't know, or in many cases doesn't care, what kind of person or home the dog is going to whether money changes hands or not.
Some basic vetting really should be done.

Is this your first dog (maybe don't know what to expect so more questions)
Do you live in a flat (maybe high-rise and an upper floor, will the dog get walked if the lift is out)
Do you have toddlers (some dogs take exception to being poked, smacked, tail pulled)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back