for anyone with a Voda galaxy note 4 - lollipop upgrade is here (1 Viewer)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
:ROFLMAO: Google's Android is now up to 5.1 :ROFLMAO: !

:rolleyes: If I knew then what I know now about Lollipop - I think I probably would have stayed with Kitkat :rolleyes:.

Make sure you really really need/want v.5

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Lollipop (to me) was like going from Windows XP to Vista :eek:!
Whilst still having some familiar aspects, it changed some of the appearance & function of the phone that I had got used to. And not for the better imo.
No doubt it has added some functionality but unfortunately nothing of any use to me.
It has supposedly solved some bugs but has introduced new ones.

I'm not suggesting you don't upgrade , just do the research before you press the button.
As always - the new improved recipe doesn't always taste better.

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Thanks for that widows operating systems give me goose flesh and winds me up waiting for loading and updates and !!!!
Use Ipad suits me sir
Have Galaxy also with kitkat can't do much with sd cards with it now

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Yes just read through probably widows give me goose flesh like windows

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You might want to read this thread first: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/android-5-0-lollypop.97004/

I think it largely depends on how much RAM your device has. If it is 2GB I suspect you will be all right, but my 1GB Nexus Tablet is still struggling. I have now uninstalled a lot of apps I wasn't using much and things have improved. If you use the BBC iPlayer app then although they now seem to have got it to work with Lollipop, which it didn't at first, I am not convinced. I have uninstalled it as well and things have improved but the tablet still freezes and crashes from time to time.

I personally didn't notice much difference between 4.4 and 5.0 other than the usual appearance changes. It now turns off with fewer clicks, which is a bonus. Downside is it turns itself off sometimes when you don't want it to.

My view is even 5.1 is still a work in progress - but then Android always was!

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
:ROFLMAO: Google's Android is now up to 5.1 :ROFLMAO: !

:rolleyes: If I knew then what I know now about Lollipop - I think I probably would have stayed with Kitkat :rolleyes:.

Make sure you really really need/want v.5
Yes, have read about some problems, so why are Samsung issuing 5.0.1 ?? I guess they have to come up with something to keep users happy. I think I will go for the upgrade, seems OK on the 4 so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I guess I'm not a very sophisticated user so have little use for the plethora of notification options & settings, whilst some of the features I did like are gone - like Agenda. Also what used to take one swipe to get to eg "settings" now takes two or three.

added: I recently bought one of those Cubot s168's for a friend (as discussed on Techno100's Chinese Android thread) and I have to say the earlier version of KitKat just seemed more intuitive.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back