Food to EU after Brexit. (1 Viewer)

Apr 28, 2017
UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Envy 185
Exp
since 2002
This is a question that has been around the block several times but still no comprehensive answer..What food stuffs can we take/ not take to the EU now we are a 3rd Country?? For instance, if we buy Danish bacon in Asda, can we take it to the EU seeing as how it originated in a EU country, was exported bulk to the UK and then was packaged here. Can we take home made pre-cooked frozen meal portions, i.e. cottage pie mix across in our freezer for personal consumption. What about long life milk, and breakfast cereals?
Is there a definitive list anywhere and if not why not?
We hate food waste and would be very upset if some official in Dieppe decided to bin our perfectly good (and safe) food.
As our food safety standards are higher than a most, if not all, of the EU, this just feels like bloody mindedness, or is this just profit driven? Am I getting it all wrong?

Aug 12, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion.
Exp
We, the British, wrote the law to prevent a repeat of the 2012 Foot and Mouth outbreak, so it reads "not allowed to bring in meat, milk or their products" within the EU.
I must admit to taking Yorkshire tea with us
Last time I looked all tea was vegetarian, so not capable of containing F&M pathogens!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back