Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All,
I have a slightly scruffy fon unit looking for a new home. I don't need it anymore because we've gone over to BT. I don't have the instructions any more but you can get them online.
If anyone would like it please PM me with your name and address and I'll send it.
Mags

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi All,
I have a slightly scruffy fon unit looking for a new home. I don't need it anymore because we've gone over to BT. I don't have the instructions any more but you can get them online.
If anyone would like it please PM me with your name and address and I'll send it.
Mags

Argh! 24hrs too late! ;-) Just ordered one yesterday. I think you should hang on to it though, you might move away from BT sometime in the future and you'll lose you worldwide FON access without it.

Tim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi All,
Mags
watt is a fon unit?

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
... and it's gone.
I don't think I have the right words to explain what it is to Billthedrill but someone will be along that can I'm sure.
Mags

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Bill

hopefully I know what I am talking about.

If you are not a BT broadband customer you are limited to the wi-fi hot spots that you can log on to (if BT by default they share your broadband via wi-fi with antbody who might be outside your hose, all secure though). If you buy a Fon unit for about £30 you then plug it into your broadband router at home and register on the Fon web site, set it all up with username and password etc. The Fon unit then puts a bit of your broadband bandwidth up as a wi-fi hot spot for anybody nearby to use for this small concession you get to use anybodies wi-fi that is showing as BT Fon or SFR Fon (French) etc etc.

A wi-fi booster is handy for pulling signals from far away, we have been on Stratford racecourse for a week with fast wi-fi from the flat opposite.

Hope this makes sense.

Martin

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
so who do I need an account with :Eeek:
or is it syme system

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All you need is a broadband account for your home.
The FON unit plugs in to the home modem..

That unit will allow other people who are in range to use WiFi through your home broadband system
And once you sign up your Fon unit you will be able to access the internet anywhere that someone else has a Fon unit using THEIR connection :thumb:..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back