Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Has any Fon customers managed to get on Fon in France especially using I Boost?
We live in France and have the Fon box connected and registered and I have tried lots of different locations and there are lots of SFR Fon signals.

Now it would seem if you get invited into someones front path you may get on it albeit it will be too slow to be of any use. In our village there are two locations where, using I Boost I can light up all the lights but again no useful connection.

Is it just me being an old fart, what success are you having?

I am more curious than worried as we are Orange customers and via I Boost it is rare that I cannot find a good signal.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have had numerous posts on here, about fon, I have never been able to get on it for three years of trying, last year , amazed, it would work all over the place , this year back to the beginning , nothing anywhere.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Has any Fon customers managed to get on Fon in France especially using I Boost?
We live in France and have the Fon box connected and registered and I have tried lots of different locations and there are lots of SFR Fon signals.

Now it would seem if you get invited into someones front path you may get on it albeit it will be too slow to be of any use. In our village there are two locations where, using I Boost I can light up all the lights but again no useful connection.

Is it just me being an old fart, what success are you having?

I am more curious than worried as we are Orange customers and via I Boost it is rare that I cannot find a good signal.
Sorry just seen the end of your post , yes have o2 on my phone and that works fine so not really worried about fon anymore, btw I am talking about bt fon so slightly different than yourquestion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Do I take it that from the lack of response that Fon is confined to the history books?

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Nope, just back after 3 months and used FON where we could with and external aerial and router. For me the major issue was finding my way round the SFRs web site to log on.

However if you load the FON app on you phone/tablet it should load automatically when is finds a signal if you have it set up correctly. I used it this way very successfully on numerous mobile devices.

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
If you use BT fon on sfr don't forget to put BT/ in front of your log in address.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you use BT fon on sfr don't forget to put BT/ in front of your log in address.
Now that's interesting, didn't do it last year and it worked, but havnt heard that before so maybe why it didn't work this time, is it a new thing?

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Right will go and park up near the church in Oradour where i know there is a good signal and see what happens.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Now that's interesting, didn't do it last year and it worked, but havnt heard that before so maybe why it didn't work this time, is it a new thing?

I left BT around 2012 and up till then I was just using my email as log in for Fon without a prefix.

When I rejoined in 2013 I then had to use my log in (email) prefixed with BT/

So afaik it happened sometime around 2012/13. Can still be a bit hit and miss though.

Pete

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Not sure but that is what the bt site said and it worked for me.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
we have the fon box connected at home and don't have much trouble away in the van so long as you can find a signal. also working your way round the SFR website. but eventually we end up with a felicitations(y). think thats what it said:)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yes we were using Fon a few weeks ago, I use a cheap long range aerial with an Alph router similar setup to iboost. I have my own Fontera router at home so not linked to BT. Most times I can get a conection sometimes blindingly fast. One area we were in the SFR page would only let you login if you were a SFR user. Even when it does allow you to login on their web page it can be a challange.

Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
I used to struggle with SFR Fon but as i remember if you go to the bottom of the SFR page there is a union jack click on there and then but in your BT Fon password.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think what probably happened, last year ihad the BT WiFi app on my phone and that could have been connecting me behind the scenes, i have removed it now as it got on my nerves constantly pinging when in range of a a WiFi connection.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
No problems today in France using FON. I'm a BT broadband customer and use my BT email address plus my normal password. The link to the FON partner login page is obscure near the bottom of the FON front page and takes you to another login page. The only difference logging in here in France is that I have to use my BT email address not the one that I use to access BT services when in the UK
I have found quite a lot of good FON signals where we have been during the past 2weeks.

Rod

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
No problems today in France using FON. I'm a BT broadband customer and use my BT email address plus my normal password. The link to the FON partner login page is obscure near the bottom of the FON front page and takes you to another login page. The only difference logging in here in France is that I have to use my BT email address not the one that I use to access BT services when in the UK
I have found quite a lot of good FON signals where we have been during the past 2weeks.

Rod
If you happen to get anywhere near to Oradour sur Vayres then please show this old Luddite how to do it please.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Hi Laneside, on a PC look down the FON front page to find in very small text, 'Connectez-vous ici', click on that to go to the partner suppliers log in page then input your email address and password. If you are a BT customer then as I have found you will need your BT email address ????@btinternet.com which is not what I am registered with to access my BT accounts etc. at home as I use a personal website address for that.
If you are trying to log on with an Android device then slide down the page until you find the same words and go from there.
I don't know what user name / password you use if you have a FON box at home but I guess you know how that was set-up in the first place.

Hope that helps, I'm not likely to come your direction on this holiday as I have a car to collect from Antwerp on my way home so travelling too far west seems silly, we are at Villefranche at present. Poor quality campsite but enough for a shower and scrub up before returning to the Aires as we wander.

Rod

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Never managed yet to connect to Fon in France but what I do find useful is using iBoost when on a site so we can share the wifi across at least 3 devices. Looking forward to using my O2 data in Europe over the next few weeks. :)

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
click the tiny link connectez vous ici
coonection screen.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back