followed cruiser (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
well following on cruisers example took van for annual test and it passed okay, no observations, however while sitting and awaiting outcome how come i was so so nervous, never had this when the kids were being born.
how do other Funsters deal with this yearly event.:wondering:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Cannot understand the nervous bit -I try to feel and listen to my van so if something is not right it gets investigated -If it's nothing serious then yep I can live with it for a while but I generally know that it will go through it's MOT- It gets serviced at the same time,then MOT so it had better not fail ;):D
terry

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
We don't have MOTs on the Isle Of Man,unless the said vehicle is older than 3yrs when you import it to the Island.
ALL HGV'S however must have a vehicle inspection including taxi's annually.
The ohness is on the vehicles owner and can be put through the Vehicle Testing Centre at anytime if stopped by the Police.
The examination is extremely strict and you could be charged for even the slightest infringement of the laws.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
I have a number of vehicles with some of them well over 20 years old so I sit in the testing station on a regular basis. I always have that feeling even though I know the vehicles are well maintained and some of them do very little mileage during the course of the year - almost as bad as sitting in the dentist (remember teeth?)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
My MOT tester is quite relaxed about things and we wander around together under the vehicle or chat about "real life". He points out things that could potentially go wrong in the future and gives a good squirt of grease/oil to appropriate places. He is, however, thorough and rigorous (AFAIK) so the time passes happily.

Having said all that, the drive there is fraught with concern :whistle: - Gordon

(And on the drive home my pockets feel a bit lighter.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back