Folkestone old Town (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Having seen this mentioned on South East News last Friday I thought I would go and have a look as it ahs been 50 years since I really looked up into the narrow streets of Folkestone. Having said that I went by car, but there is accessible parking for Motorhomes on the Harbour Arm Car Park. It is run on an APRN system
and you pay before you leave . there were several large vans and mini buses there today, so I would seen no problem for MH "s at this time of year. There is no prohibition for overnighting that I could see so that would have to be clarified. Back to the Old Town, the Old High Street narrow and cobbled runs up into the areas which have been rejuvenated by local Artist "s and Craft Shops. together with many small Cafe s and restaurants. Although not the size of the Lanes in Brighton it was worth spending an hour or two there. We used a Cafe called Django s , freshley prepared and not expensive. If you want to splash out then try Rocksalt in the Harbour Main Courses £27.00 ish . It has four AA stars. There are Fish and Chip shops in the Harbour area and Folkestone Trawlers have a wet fish shop in the Harbour. There is also parking on the Leas near the Leas cliff hall, which would be ok for MH s. The parking is not sectioned into bays so as long as you pay I could not see a problem. We use the Ringo App which covers the area.
Hope this may be use full as we all struggle to find somewhere to go in the troubled time. Folkestone and Hythe do have one of the lowest infection rates in the South East.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Having seen this mentioned on South East News last Friday I thought I would go and have a look as it ahs been 50 years since I really looked up into the narrow streets of Folkestone. Having said that I went by car, but there is accessible parking for Motorhomes on the Harbour Arm Car Park. It is run on an APRN system
and you pay before you leave . there were several large vans and mini buses there today, so I would seen no problem for MH "s at this time of year. There is no prohibition for overnighting that I could see so that would have to be clarified. Back to the Old Town, the Old High Street narrow and cobbled runs up into the areas which have been rejuvenated by local Artist "s and Craft Shops. together with many small Cafe s and restaurants. Although not the size of the Lanes in Brighton it was worth spending an hour or two there. We used a Cafe called Django s , freshley prepared and not expensive. If you want to splash out then try Rocksalt in the Harbour Main Courses £27.00 ish . It has four AA stars. There are Fish and Chip shops in the Harbour area and Folkestone Trawlers have a wet fish shop in the Harbour. There is also parking on the Leas near the Leas cliff hall, which would be ok for MH s. The parking is not sectioned into bays so as long as you pay I could not see a problem. We use the Ringo App which covers the area.
Hope this may be use full as we all struggle to find somewhere to go in the troubled time. Folkestone and Hythe do have one of the lowest infection rates in the South East.
Just to point out that the parking along The Leas is very narrow for Motorhomes and does have restrictions.

OP
OP
M
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
There are coach parking bays near the Hall it it less busy towards the Hythe end. In summer it does get very busy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
Many thanks. I'd like to see more posts like this. I did like The Troubador but according to Google maps it's permanently closed.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
PARKING
CHARGES
Minimum charge is £2.40 (up to 2 hours)
£1.20 per hour (up to 8 hours)
£10 per day (for 24 hours)

have copied this from The Harbour Arm website. Don’t know if this is up to date as I know it was £18 for 24 hrs but think this could be the winter rates.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I would check you have everything when you leave. We were at Little Switzerland CP we saw and heard of numerous Illegals in boats arriving. and there are small tents dotted about with bags of clothes in as if caches for the arrivals to get changed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back