Folding electric Bicycle recommendations please (1 Viewer)

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hi we have 2 full size BH leccys and good as they are we would like a 20" wheel folder . BH make some but at £1900 too pricey, a friend has a Batribike Quartz and is fairly happy - any suggestions welcomed

Alan

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought a couple of 20" wheel folders from AS Bikes at the Northern Show at Cheshire Showground about 18 months or so ago and are very satisfied with them. We bought after having had a good look at the offerings from the various sellers there on the basis that we thought AS had the edge on both build quality and value for money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
It's called "Sparky"

Google promotion electric bikes !
I bought one at the MHF meet at Shrewsbury last year !
Fantastic piece of kit ! £500 !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
We bought a couple of 20" wheel folders from AS Bikes at the Northern Show at Cheshire Showground about 18 months or so ago and are very satisfied with them. We bought after having had a good look at the offerings from the various sellers there on the basis that we thought AS had the edge on both build quality and value for money.

I'll endorse these comments, we also bought two and are very pleased with them, however if I was buying again I'd go for the 35v model rather than the 24volt that we bought:thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
Elec bikes

I will second all them comments A.S bikes absoloutely brilliant.

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
I tried both the 20" and 26" folding electric bikes at AS Bikes last year. The 26" bike is more comfortable on a rough surface; the 20" folds slightly smaller because of the smaller wheels.

If size folded is more important than the comfort of the larger-wheel bike, then then the 20" is ideal. Comfort more important? Buy the larger-wheeled 26" one.

I bought the 26", 36v battery model with the 250w motor. It has kevlar puncture resistant tyres. I can keep up with my wife on her bike now. :Smile:

Contact AS Bikes via here for a test ride or two. There's no obligation to buy and less than half the price of BH.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have 2 leccy 20 inch folding wheels. We bought the. To go in the Luton but they have never been up there. I wanted to have the 26 inch wheels for comfort so we are deciding whether to change them for two 26 inch models.

We have seen folding 26 inch models with 36 volt battery 250 watt motor on. With AS bikes for £795.
Amazing after sales with as bikes. Even send parts abroad when needed as we did last year when our stand broke. Even sent some spokes through the post for us and a new throttle,which we replaced as we weren't near Coventry where they are based,they would have done it free if we were,but we are handy with that sort of thing anyway. Having worked in halfords. :Cool:

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Thanks to all who replied and obviously AS seems by far the majority choice for a reasonably priced leccy folder. We as i said are very happy with our BH non-folders but horses for courses there are many short trips where a folder would be far more convenient

Alan:Smile:

ps i did forget about the rubber folder - silly me !!!!

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
A.S Bike for me , had a bit of trouble spokes breaking, just sent me a new bike by return,goes by it,s word of no quibbble guarentee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back