Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Wife has decided that we should get bikes, been trying to get them for years without success, now it's her idea we must have them. I am leaning towards the folding sort to save space in the van and at home. (Van has a garage, house has no garage or shed) Now as I know this will be a fad that dies very quickly, can anyone recommend a good make that is reasonably priced, and is there any better places to buy from?

Cynical me thinks the Malven show will be quite dear as they will be marketed for Mhome people so up goes the cost.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
We bought THESE folding bikes for the boat and having bought and sold other brands which were too heavy or hard work to ride, we found these to be about the best in terms of cost/weight/ease of use and quality.

Having sold our boat and bought a motorhome, we can now carry our full sized mountain bikes with us so may be tempted into selling our two folders if the offer was right! :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
I bought a folding bike from Halfords. It was a Coyote Connect.
Very well built and very good service from Halfords, an excellent starter bike and at £500.00 a bargain.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Folding bikes generally have small wheels, which can make for an unstable ride compared with a traditional fixed frame bike.
Best to try before you buy

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Suggest only getting ones with 20 inch wheels - those with smaller wheels are really terribly skittish.
We got a pair from Decathlon (massive chain of sports shops all ober mainland Europe - but as we live in Spain I'm not sure if they are in the UK yet?). Cost was about 220 euros each, about 3 years ago now.
They've proved REALLY useful and really good fun since. We've got a luton overcab and I store them up there when not in use.

I have invested in some Schwalb virtually-puncture-proof tyres and decent Schwalb inner tubes for them, and we have not had a puncture in what must be many hundreds of miles now, along roads, tracks, cycle paths, canal towpaths etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We are giving up the motorhome lifestyle for health reasons so have a pair of AS 36v electric folding bikes for sale at £350 each
Have a look at the AS stand at Malvern and if you fancy a little used pair start a conversation with me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back