Flyscreen - Netting has snapped loose (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
The horizontal strings holding our netting taut on our Burstner Aviano's flyscreen has snapped and we can no longer mosquito-proof the mh without dlosing the main habitation door.
Can anyone advise whether this could be a diy repair or would we need to go down the "whole unit replacement" found in most items nowadays.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Probably a Hartal door and screen. Google Hartal. I have read of people managing to 'restring' the flyscreen but it does not look (Youtube) easy. Replacement from Hartal VERY expensive.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Easy repair, take the whole flyscreen out and place on a flat area, I used the lounge floor when I did one. You then need to disassemble the frame could be held together with screws or pop rivets.
Once apart easy to thread new strings through you just have to make Shure they are the same length. I used kelvar kite line.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
The hab door is probably Hartal but the screen will most probably be made by Horrex, a Dutch company.

Repair of the horizontal cords is a fiddly job but doable (if you've got the tme and patience). The flyscreen is attached to the outer frame on mushroom type studs which connect with vertical slots on the flyscreen frame. You need to release the bottom rail (probably held down with a couple of screws) and push the flyscreen frame upwards until the studs line up with the hole at the top of the slot. You can then remove the flyscreen from the vehicle.

If you want further details on the repair of the cord, suggest you PM.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
My flyscreen cord has also snapped, been meaning to have a go at fixing it for a while now but I've fitted lambs tails in the meantime which are now doing my head in so thanks for all the advice on here, it's stung me into action (y):D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back