Fly Screen Manufacturer with the Unpronouncable Name (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
While we were in Scotland we heard from someone that there was a company which was going to bring out a fly screen for the sliding side door of Ducato panel vans. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the company's name but I do remember it was something unpronounceable, probably beginning with a "P".

Does anyone know what this company is called?

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Many thanks for both of the above. I don't think either of these was the company mentioned but they both offer a similar product to what I was looking for.

Dometic one looks neat but €500 compared to about €140 for the other one.

Last edited:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Drop BobAndJane a PM. They have a system on their PVC which was very good value. Based on an off the shelf system available in the high street which requires a bit of modding but works well.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks, one of the requirements is it must be fairly easy to get in and out. We saw a system based on sprung loaded shower curtain poles in Scotland but it was a bit of a fiddle to enter and leave the van without taking it all down and it wasn't really fly-proof around the edges.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The Globecar range (Ducato based) have a sliding door type of flyscreen fitted. So they should be available as a spare part. You would need about 20mm clearance between the door & any furniture that comes across the door opening.

They are quite a substantial bit of kit, so I wouldn't expect them to be cheap. I don't think there is a visible maker's name on it, but I'll have a look.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings DBK,

Went to Wilko a couple of weeks ago for something totally unrelated but found a JML Flyscreen that's meant for domestic use. The thing is, it's designed (more thrown together really???) for french windows and, as such it's in two parts with the join held together with magnets.

We have bought one to adapt because our Hobby, having curved sides and an door that intrudes into the inside of the van means that the 'caravan type' flyscreen is inappropriate.
For what it's worth, here is the link,

http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/pets/snap-screen/invt/s68ss10100000000

Regards

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
You could try these are they provide purpose made screens for the domestic market. Flybird Installations www.fbiltd.co.uk 01728638110 My neighbour has just installed a set on his patio doors. Really very good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
While we were in Scotland we heard from someone that there was a company which was going to bring out a fly screen for the sliding side door of Ducato panel vans. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the company's name but I do remember it was something unpronounceable, probably beginning with a "P".

Does anyone know what this company is called?

We have one in our Globecar and I can tell you that they don't stop Scottish midges !! However they are great for keeping bigger flies and wasps etc out. I read somewhere that they cost about £500........I wouldn't pay that much. Have you thought about those 'bead' things that the French all seem to have?

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have one in our Globecar and I can tell you that they don't stop Scottish midges !! However they are great for keeping bigger flies and wasps etc out. I read somewhere that they cost about £500........I wouldn't pay that much. Have you thought about those 'bead' things that the French all seem to have?

I don't many MHs are truly midge-proof, the mesh on roof lights for example is also too big in my experience. The £500 screen is the Dometic one I think, linked to earlier. The dangly bead thing is certainly an option.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back