Fly screen Door cord broken (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
On our Chausson I caught one of the Horizontal cords on the Fly screen sliding door, and it's pull out and coils up when opening door this cord is second one down from the top, the Fly screen cassette is attached to a frame and the frame screws don't look accessible , has anyone repaired one of these please if so can you tell me how to repair it , Thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You have to take the whole flyscreen out lay it on a flat surface. Then take the frame apart it will be held together with either self tappers or pop rivets. Then you can replace the cord, I used kelvar kite line you can get it on eBay in various thickness. Make sure you get all the cords the same length. When you get it apart it's fairly obvious how it works and how to do it.
As you have already found out getting the frame out is the hard bit.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
If you put 'fly screen repair' into the search box you'll find it has been done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
You have to take the whole flyscreen out lay it on a flat surface. Then take the frame apart it will be held together with either self tappers or pop rivets. Then you can replace the cord, I used kelvar kite line you can get it on eBay in various thickness. Make sure you get all the cords the same length. When you get it apart it's fairly obvious how it works and how to do it.
As you have already found out getting the frame out is the hard bit.
Hi thanks for your help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back