Flush control removal query (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Due to poor draining down prior to the last hard frost something is clearly leaking from the back of the shower control valve which is to the side of the toilet flush control.

This led to water leaking out around the control panel and now the loo flush is on the blink. The obvious way to get to the root of both problems would seem to be removing the flush control panel but I'm darned if I can see how to remove it. I've tried easing it out with various thin bladed tools under the edges but nothing seems to want to give.

Any advice gratefully received.

Tim

IMG_0116.JPG

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If its anyhing like all the other units I have had to remove, the white plastic bit is levered off and the panel is held in place with two small screws

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
no experience with this type but looking at this page
http://www.bradtech.ltd.uk/products/Thetford_Cassette_C250_Toilet_Spares.html
it appers theres the electric board and the overlay not sure if the pics help much unless you can blow them up any acces from behind or from the cassette door?

Thanks. Seeing the overlay was a help.

I peeled off mine and was able to remove the centre of the flush panel.

IMG_0132.JPG

Sadly the surround which is designed to clip in has been glued in. Peering in through the hole revealed the problem. :-(
IMG_0136.JPG

The pipes are hanging off the back of the shower valve. Given that the only access is through the small hole in the control panel, this is going to be tricky.

I could unscrew the shower valve and redo the connections with the valve out but at the moment, there's not enough free play in the pipework to do that.

Annoyingly, despite trying hard to fully drain the pipes they are frozen again. The horizontal run of the pipes clearly inhibits free drainage. Will have to remember to blow air back down the shower hose in the future!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Those pipes look like they are clipped in ok, that little green "pip" between the hot and cold pipes holds them in place. You push the green bit out and then the pipes will pull free, they should each have an "O" ring fitted. I wonder if that's a hairline crack in the main white plastic body that's causing the leak ?

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Those pipes look like they are clipped in ok, that little green "pip" between the hot and cold pipes holds them in place. You push the green bit out and then the pipes will pull free, they should each have an "O" ring fitted. I wonder if that's a hairline crack in the main white plastic body that's causing the leak ?

Thank you, most helpful. Sadly I think you could be right about the crack. :-(

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I got lucky, superglue repaired mine. I give the show a blow job when draining down now.

Just bitten the bullet and ordered a new one. Need it fixed by Friday so no time to experiment. As you say, blowjobs from now on. ;-)

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Brian you forgot the ER
you'll be getting queues