FLTs in the news - Majorca 'Shanty Town' (1 Viewer)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Just a point of order and education

Its sewage and not sewerage

Sewerage is the conveyance of sewage down a pipeline.(y)
Aha, a shit pedant! Is this going to be another poo thread? I guess it depends on your definition ;)

noun​

the removal of waste water and refuse by means of sewers.
a system of sewers.
sewage.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Aha, a shit pedant! Is this going to be another poo thread? I guess it depends on your definition ;)

noun​

the removal of waste water and refuse by means of sewers.
a system of sewers.
sewage.
You're right, sewerage can be used as an alternative name for sewage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
FLTs is what we pay this forum to call anyone who likes a bit of freedom, the operative word there was freedom, not free?

Its highly offensive to me as I'm perfectly happy to pay for sites, but I do like enjoying the very relaxed free attitude of the authorities in my local area.
I wouldn't wild camp in many areas of the UK, but I live in a deserted & beautiful area & furthermore we have a motorhome in order to enjoy that beauty.
If we didn't wild camp, we couldn't enjoy some of the stunning areas in which we camp, SWMBO prefers a site with toilet facilities with hook up points etc, but prefers quieter places, so we largely use CLs when we're away from home & we pay for those, in fact we think CLs are incredible value.

I've said it before & I'll make no apology for saying this again, if you think I'm a tosser (& who knows, your probably right :unsure::giggle:) try wandering up to my motorhome & tell me that you think I'm a tosser? Oh BTW & I'm 6ft 2in square & can be bad tempered, but I think I'd laugh out loud at the comical complainer.

So here is the crux of this posting, it seems to me that if I only ever want to be on a site, I should give up over 55yrs of motorhoming & buy a caravan, perhaps that is what these accusers would rather we do? Then where would this forum be?

Try this on for size, the CaravanFunForum????? Should I register the name? lol.

Rant over, go figure.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
You're right, sewerage can be used as an alternative name for sewage.
I dont agree and I have been in the industry for 40 years!

Yes people do commonly call it that but strictly speaking the 'erage conveys the meaning of carriage. Stationary waste could not be an 'ewerage

Anyway, the whole thing stinks :LOL:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
strictly speaking the 'erage conveys the meaning of carriage
Not that it matters but it doesn’t :unsure: Do I get a Peerage now or am I still just average going on about the coverage of this subject?:giggle:;)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yes I agree with your point but on Mallorca they are in there own country,if not there own island,whereas,the Irish travellers aren't .
That makes absolutely no difference whatsover. They can bring in a law restricting everyone that will affect everyone.

The new trespass law in the UK doesn't just target Travellers it hits every camper.

They will no doubt bring in a law targetting all campers, not just those parking en masse on the beach front.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Just yesterday it was proposed to allocate land in Palma for motorhomes, and other areas on Mallorca are being considered...... a positive approach to a 'problem' by authorities there (y)

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Still a gorgeous place, here's a reminder of the marina.
ps. sorry to rub it in

Thought I should point out that whilst touring mallorca I will be a FLT 😁View attachment 504433
We stayed at Torrent de Cala Pi, Balearic Islands,

Quiet and unspoilt!

One of the best overseas holiday we've had, up there with our American road trip!

Cheers James

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
FLTs is what we pay this forum to call anyone who likes a bit of freedom, the operative word there was freedom, not free?

Its highly offensive to me as I'm perfectly happy to pay for sites, but I do like enjoying the very relaxed free attitude of the authorities in my local area.
I wouldn't wild camp in many areas of the UK, but I live in a deserted & beautiful area & furthermore we have a motorhome in order to enjoy that beauty.
If we didn't wild camp, we couldn't enjoy some of the stunning areas in which we camp, SWMBO prefers a site with toilet facilities with hook up points etc, but prefers quieter places, so we largely use CLs when we're away from home & we pay for those, in fact we think CLs are incredible value.

I've said it before & I'll make no apology for saying this again, if you think I'm a tosser (& who knows, your probably right :unsure::giggle:) try wandering up to my motorhome & tell me that you think I'm a tosser? Oh BTW & I'm 6ft 2in square & can be bad tempered, but I think I'd laugh out loud at the comical complainer.

So here is the crux of this posting, it seems to me that if I only ever want to be on a site, I should give up over 55yrs of motorhoming & buy a caravan, perhaps that is what these accusers would rather we do? Then where would this forum be?

Try this on for size, the CaravanFunForum????? Should I register the name? lol.

Rant over, go figure.
Isn't it time we did a music thread....😁

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They will no doubt bring in a law targetting all campers, not just those parking en masse on the beach front.
The problem they have here in spain is that legally you cannot impose a law on one type of vehicle. You can not discriminate. Councils try to do it with bye laws but then find that Trafíco arm of the Guardia Civil state that it is not legal . Then we also have the fact that you can legally park , sleep, eat,etc; as long as you are only "parked" & are not "camping" There is a difference as has been explained before & with pictures.

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
We stayed at Torrent de Cala Pi, Balearic Islands,

Quiet and unspoilt!

One of the best overseas holiday we've had, up there with our American road trip!

Cheers James

If I ever get around to taking the van over this is one of the places I've picked out to vist for a few day's, even picked out a parking spot at the head of the Cala.
Screenshot_20210811-184911.png

Last edited:
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Wanna Be members of the lower middle class and Nimbys.

"Don't spoil our view" (even though the natural beauty of the place was ruined when their holiday homes were built.)

JJ :cool:
What if it was in front of your house

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
Loved Cala D’or when we were in Mallorca….but not been for about 30 years or so……I bet it’s changed since we were last there
Thought you might like a look at Cala D'or now, as you said bet it has changed a great deal in 30 years

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back