Rally Flower show and messing about on the river @Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well we' re home and untidily unloaded (meaning the wet stuff has been slung into the garage, the rest is scattered around:LOL:) with the 1st lot of washing in.

I'm pleased to announce that I managed to find the M6 toll so no silly routes home this time:LOL:

Usually after a couple of nights I'm ready to move on but 6 nights has flown by and I still haven't seen much of Shrewsbury. I've enjoyed the company of some lovely funsters & met a few new ones & it was great to put faces to names of some morning funsters. I even had a little go on the water:D2.

Very many thanks to everyone for making this such a great meet, but especially Martin & Jen @funflair for organising it, @JockandRita and @andy63 for helping with my van and as always, David & Bev @DavidG58 for your love, support & understanding when things got a bit sticky x

See you all in a field somewhere soon:)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Now back home and still unloading, it's just like the Tardis. :)
Thanks to @funflair Martin & Jen for organising this great meet, @Debs for the walks and last but not least @DAVE CANOE for all his advice on the river.
I couldn't finish without mentioning Dangerous Dave & Fearless Phil for keeping us all entertained on the river trip, haven't laughed so much ages.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are now home and washing done after a truly great weekend from start to finish. Good to meet up with old friends and make new.
Thanks to Martin & Jen and Debs for all the hard work they have put in to making it possible and thanks to the funsters for being there.
Hope to see you in a field sometime
Joyce & John

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
We are also home now, despite being close to the last ones away. Fortunately we had a good journey back.
Thanks again to Martin and Jen @funflair for arranging this meet.
Thanks also to all you Northern folk for making the rare breed that we Southerners were, so welcome and making our first funster meet so enjoyable.
Hopefully we will meet up again somewhere on our travels :)

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Well, we had our 3 nights at Beddgelert and nearly left early. Wish we had not had that booking after all and stayed where we were !

We're now on our homeward journey but stopped off at Clitheroe to relax after the last few days. Got to see some weather we hadn't seen in a while. Haven't seen rain like that for some time, a least the shower room makes a good drying room.

tresor

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp
new
Martin a belated many thanks from me and Soraya for organising this rally we both really enjoyed it. Also Soraya wanted to thank you for the lavender draw smellie you gave her, her draws have never smelt so good

EddyF.S.

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer 524
Exp
20+ years
Just want to say thank you to everyone at this rally for a smashin' 6 days. Not forgetting the fish that kept throwing themselves on my hook.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
image.png
image.png
image.png
Hi All who was at this rally .
Someone mentioned the walk way into the town at the back of the houses was very overgrown and lots of nettles . I have been in touch with shrewsbury council to ask if they can clear the public pathway of stingers So those attending bonfire & Christmas tinsel won't have any probs .
The council have asked were about on the public pathway was the worst section . As I havnt walked that pathway can I ask of those that did to let me know so I can pass info on . I'm hopless with copying maps so I took pics .
X Kate

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
upload_2017-10-16_10-24-13.png

upload_2017-10-16_10-25-29.png

the path runs right behind the hedge at the edge of the showground, funnily enough though as we left the edges were being cut, but not the bit you first go through entering from the showground

Not quite sure why, possibly 2 different councils are responsible, but the grounds crew had driven down about 100 yds and cleared the bit I have showed immediately above, the driven back through and past the worst bit to get back to their vans :(

hopefully by now they are either dead or the other council has been out and done their bit

this shows the entrance to the footpath from the showground end, the first bit here was the worst (y)

upload_2017-10-16_10-29-37.png

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
View attachment 192356

View attachment 192357

the path runs right behind the hedge at the edge of the showground, funnily enough though as we left the edges were being cut, but not the bit you first go through entering from the showground

Not quite sure why, possibly 2 different councils are responsible, but the grounds crew had driven down about 100 yds and cleared the bit I have showed immediately above, the driven back through and past the worst bit to get back to their vans :(

hopefully by now they are either dead or the other council has been out and done their bit

this shows the entrance to the footpath from the showground end, the fist bit here was the worst (y)

View attachment 192358
Thanks for you help David , hopefully now I've made contact with the right dept in the council and identify which is there section to be cleared they said they could also ask for sections to be cleared if it is not their responsibility . So for future meets it can be cleared well in time for Funsters to hit the town (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back