Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
We changed our Elddis last November for a Hymer B534, year 2000. It needed a bit of work to bring it back to its former glory and Lockdown has given us the opportunity to do this. One major task is renewing the electrics and John believes there are traps in the floor to give access to necessary cabling. This would mean taking up the fitted carpet and I'm not happy about this unless there are definitely traps underneath. Can any of you knowledgeable Hymer afficionados confirm one way or another, please??

ginscot

Free Member
Nov 1, 2018
Funster No
MH
Ford Chausson 610
Exp
Since 2005
Is there a Hymer Owners Club? If no replies they might know.
There is an excellent website dedicated to the original Hymer Exsis - they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It shouldn't have fitted carpets must have been put in by a previous owner, the carpet option are removable sections so you can get at the floor traps.
Without access to the floor traps how do you get at the tanks to clean them & the water pump.
Even if you haven't got an Al-Ko chassis with a double floor it will still have traps for tank access.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We changed our Elddis last November for a Hymer B534, year 2000. It needed a bit of work to bring it back to its former glory and Lockdown has given us the opportunity to do this. One major task is renewing the electrics and John believes there are traps in the floor to give access to necessary cabling. This would mean taking up the fitted carpet and I'm not happy about this unless there are definitely traps underneath. Can any of you knowledgeable Hymer afficionados confirm one way or another, please??
If yours is a model with a double floor you will have many access points.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I've never seen any cables in mine except for the fed to the fresh water pump..
I think they may be routed elsewhere.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I’m pretty sure there were no floor traps in our B534 of a similar vintage. The tanks were under the seats in the rear lounge.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've never seen any cables in mine except for the fed to the fresh water pump..
I think they may be routed elsewhere.
OK ours is a bit newer 2017 underfloor is a nightmare cables running everywhere.
I’m pretty sure there were no floor traps in our B534 of a similar vintage. The tanks were under the seats in the rear lounge.
Learned something I've never see a Hymer without underfloor access.

OP
OP
G

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks everyone. Food for thought. The carpet looks too good to be original but does seem to go under all the units. The job's not imminent so there's still time for further investigation. We would normally be in the south of France for the summer but like so many we've had to forgo our trip. At least it gives us time to do everything on Hattie Hymer.

OP
OP
G

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
Incidentally, we wouldn't have this problem were it not for an over enthusiastic mechanic at the dealers who decided the 240v wiring was faulty and ripped it all out. If he'd at least just cut it and left it, it would now be easy to track and trace. Oops - didn't I read somewhere recently that that doesn't work.......

OP
OP
G

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
Just to finish this thread tidily (!) - John had to take up a corner of the carpet to repair the shower drain and lo and behold there was the original Hymer floor covering, in beautiful condition, no damage, marks or scuffs ! We've now taken up all the carpet and after a thorough clean the whole interior is transformed. NB - No floor traps......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back