Flooding problems, how to solve? (1 Viewer)

Joe Lynch

Free Member
Aug 9, 2019
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Fiat Bessacar
Exp
Currently we are at Rockingham Castle, dog Agility 5 day event. It's flooded! All our stuff in the awning is wet. Is there a clip together PVC patio one could buy? I was thinking of those PVC squares for installing in grass to drive on but use them as a raised patio instead? I'm a sure there must be some system to raise your stuff off the ground. Cheers.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Sorry, I can't help but you have my sympathy and best wishes. I hope it doesn't spoil your time away or your chances if you are competing. Good luck.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Joe Lynch

Joe Lynch

Free Member
Aug 9, 2019
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Fiat Bessacar
Exp
Hi. Most of the competitions are cancelled. But some they have moved 25 minutes drive from here but as we are in the motorhome we can't really up stakes. Also need tractor to pull us out. Over 760 vans here, lots stuck. So we will miss the main competitions but maybe it will give those who have transport a chance to win. Hey ho.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
To keep your stuff off the floor may I suggest a folding table or two, that's what we used when we had a caravan and awning. Water can be waist deep befor your stuff gets wet !:notworthy:
The plastic squares you refer to are designed to be filled in with gravel, they will take your weight unfilled but will only give 50mm of lift and may well sink into the mud.

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
A/S Clubman
Currently we are at Rockingham Castle, dog Agility 5 day event. It's flooded! All our stuff in the awning is wet. Is there a clip together PVC patio one could buy? I was thinking of those PVC squares for installing in grass to drive on but use them as a raised patio instead? I'm a sure there must be some system to raise your stuff off the ground. Cheers.
Is this what you are looking for,
445A6D43-D0DB-421C-AEF8-AC78C158EBF8.jpeg

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Child's blow up paddling pool? Keep the awning doors shut, it might float off. :) Or suspend everything from the roof or wind out awning somewhere with rope.

Lots of rain forecast for there on Saturday. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
These might help , and they have the added usage of helping to get you off boggy ground/sand ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back