Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
One of our local walks, less than 1/2 a mile away, is down to the River Dane valley, just before it joins the Weaver in Northwich town centre
We regularly used to walk down to the massive flood-plain as my Daughters dogs loved it. Ground always soft, regularly temporary lakes and EVERY year a huge lagoon that the Cocker never gave up the belief that he could actually catch the moor-hens

Not been down this year, as a new 140 house housing estate is being built and the roads are in

Work stopped at the moment because its under a metre of water in places ( like last year and 2 years before)

I truly despair at the planners and builders. No obe lical will buy one of these houses, so I feel for the buyers who are relicating and dont know/ wont be told the history

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Sorry to hear of your flooding my father in laws house flooded to a depth of nine inches a few years ago and it was more than year before he could move back in.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
One of our local walks, less than 1/2 a mile away, is down to the River Dane valley, just before it joins the Weaver in Northwich town centre
We regularly used to walk down to the massive flood-plain as my Daughters dogs loved it. Ground always soft, regularly temporary lakes and EVERY year a huge lagoon that the Cocker never gave up the belief that he could actually catch the moor-hens

Not been down this year, as a new 140 house housing estate is being built and the roads are in

Work stopped at the moment because its under a metre of water in places ( like last year and 2 years before)

I truly despair at the planners and builders. No obe lical will buy one of these houses, so I feel for the buyers who are relicating and dont know/ wont be told the history
Would that be the floodplain by Leftwich.......looking on Google Maps, it seems obvious as to why it hadn’t been built on - the Dane meanders all over the place, so it’s obvious that the surrounding area would flood! o_O :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
It's a common occurrence here unfortunately.

Flood defences upstream but none here. This was taken yesterday - today we are under 4 inches of snow.

My friends live in one of the houses top right of the picture 😟

FB_IMG_1611494015935.jpg

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Would that be the floodplain by Leftwich.......looking on Google Maps, it seems obvious as to why it hadn’t been built on - the Dane meanders all over the place, so it’s obvious that the surrounding area would flood! o_O :confused:
Thats the one

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
people live in asia on houses litterally in the rivers simple solution is to build them high enough why we allow houses on flood plains built on the ground is beyond belief

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back