FloGas/AutoGas account (1 Viewer)

Jan 20, 2020
Great Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A770HS
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've recently purchased a motorhome fitted with a GasLow refillable LPG system for heating and hot water. The only local place I can fine (Malvern, Worcestershire) where I can refill my GasLow tanks (2 x 11Kg) is just down the road from me but it has a AutoGas system that requires a key. I've tried to talk to someone at FloGas about opening an account and getting a key but I couldn't get any sense out of them. They really didn't want to help and I gave up in frustration. Can anyone shed any light on how to open an AutoGas account and get a key?

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. ? The apps, 'MYLPG' and 'FILLlpg' are good for finding LPG suppliers.

Wyn

Wyn

Upvote 0

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
And this should answer all your questions

Upvote 0

Youlostoo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
Pershore
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Since 2014
tonyblack1964 The seller you are looking at was Countrywide which is now out of business. The gas side of the business was taken over by FloGas. You have to open an account with them and pay a deposit on the key. Not sure if they are opening new accounts. Unfortunately, Flogas are cutting down on the auto gas sites they operate as some/most are not profitable. As they need maintenance or repairs, they are closing them. Even the local depot at Defford now has no gas for sale, tank has been removed. The Countrywide list of sites is not updated, and Flogas couldn't/wouldn't tell me which sites had closed. No help whatsoever. A Flogas engineer advised me to buy elsewhere anyway. My nearest auto gas is now at Twyford Evesham, or a remaining key account on A46 at the truck stop at Beckford.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2018
Funster No
MH
Malibu PVC
Exp
40+ years Caravanning & M/homes
I have a FloGas account and it is has HillRunner has said. They will sent you forms and a Direct debit mandate to set up an account. Once done you will receive a key and access code.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tonyblack1964
Jan 20, 2020
Great Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A770HS
Exp
I'm a newbie
tonyblack1964 The seller you are looking at was Countrywide which is now out of business. The gas side of the business was taken over by FloGas. You have to open an account with them and pay a deposit on the key. Not sure if they are opening new accounts. Unfortunately, Flogas are cutting down on the auto gas sites they operate as some/most are not profitable. As they need maintenance or repairs, they are closing them. Even the local depot at Defford now has no gas for sale, tank has been removed. The Countrywide list of sites is not updated, and Flogas couldn't/wouldn't tell me which sites had closed. No help whatsoever. A Flogas engineer advised me to buy elsewhere anyway. My nearest auto gas is now at Twyford Evesham, or a remaining key account on A46 at the truck stop at Beckford.
Nope, the supplier i am looking at is KV Hydraulics (www.kv-hydraulics.co.uk), just outside Malvern and they are very much still in business as I've spoken to them. It was them that advised me of the requirement for an AutoGas key.

Upvote 0

Youlostoo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
Pershore
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Since 2014
You still need to open an account with FloGas to get it from KV Hydraulics.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I don't use any LPG when the van is at home so fill up en route. It might be worth looking for a supplier on each of the routes by which you are likely to leave on your travels. It's surprising how many suppliers there are when you look further afield. I don't need a 'local' supplier TBH although there are a couple.

Upvote 0

Interceptor

Free Member
Feb 25, 2020
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 5
Exp
02-02-20
Hi all
I live about eight miles from BOC in Leeds
I called in and said how do I get some gas for my new MH.
Here is the connector I need on the bottle.
Have you got an account?
me no.
Right you cant have a BOC bottle then.
What am I supposed to do am off at the weekend.
No problem you can have a flow gas 12kg bottle of gas.
But you have to pay a deposit on it.
No probs lets sort that £68 later.
In and out in twenty minutes.
The guy was just so helpful and it was that easy.
I mite have just been lucky.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back