The Bold Eagle

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise Gleneagle
Exp
Brand new
Am thinking of getting a Floe system to drain water from my unit. Anybody out there got one? If so, do you recommend ? Any advice would be welcome . Cheers, Graham.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Bold Eagle,
I got one on offer from Towsure last year it's quite easy to fit and as long as you have a good tyre pump it's easy to use but you have to keep re pressurising the system after every tap is cleared.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
You should have visited our stand at Lincoln. We had some clearance stock at £25.00

They looked pretty decent.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Just got one off ebay £29 delivered.

OP
OP
The Bold Eagle

The Bold Eagle

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise Gleneagle
Exp
Brand new
Thanks for the replies guys. So are they a good buy or not.??(n)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Bold Eagle.
I think they are a good buy. I bought one for the previous van and use it in the current one. They are swappable (you'd just need to reconnect the pipe after you remove it if changing your van). OR if not changing, you can simply leave the valves supplied with the kit in-line until you want to purge the system again.

I'm about to use it on the current MH when I winter it. The pack comes with an explanatory DVD or you can view the "Floe" video on you tube.

I use an ordinary 12v tyre inflator to pressurise my system as it saves having to use effort on a foot pump! As long as you follow the destructions and don't go over 1 Bar, it's fine.

Personally, I don't like the idea of giving the taps and shower a 'blow job' as has been suggested on different threads. Apart from the hygiene point, one's lungs hasn't the capacity to remove all of the water :madder:

Yeah, it's a bit of a performance to open/close individual taps and re-pressurise each time, but better that than have some latent water laying in the system to freeze and split the pipes! So, I am happy with my Floe purchase.

Finally, if you're handy, there's an excellent DIY option posted by another funster and Techno100 has posted a link in a few posts above mine.

James

OP
OP
The Bold Eagle

The Bold Eagle

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise Gleneagle
Exp
Brand new
Hi Bold Eagle.
I think they are a good buy. I bought one for the previous van and use it in the current one. They are swappable (you'd just need to reconnect the pipe after you remove it if changing your van). OR if not changing, you can simply leave the valves supplied with the kit in-line until you want to purge the system again.

I'm about to use it on the current MH when I winter it. The pack comes with an explanatory DVD or you can view the "Floe" video on you tube.

I use an ordinary 12v tyre inflator to pressurise my system as it saves having to use effort on a foot pump! As long as you follow the destructions and don't go over 1 Bar, it's fine.

Personally, I don't like the idea of giving the taps and shower a 'blow job' as has been suggested on different threads. Apart from the hygiene point, one's lungs hasn't the capacity to remove all of the water :madder:

Yeah, it's a bit of a performance to open/close individual taps and re-pressurise each time, but better that than have some latent water laying in the system to freeze and split the pipes! So, I am happy with my Floe purchase.

Finally, if you're handy, there's an excellent DIY option posted by another funster and Techno100 has posted a link in a few posts above mine.

James
Thanks James that is very helpful. Cheers, The Bold Eagle:clap:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Just be sure to give the valves a turn or two every once in a while, otherwise you may find the second year of drain down the bloody things are siezed solid.....just like mine:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back