Fleeced in Belgium For New Starter Motor. (1 Viewer)

Spinout

Free Member
Apr 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Hi
On my way down to Greece but my MH failed to start in Belgium after filling up with fuel. I called Adrian Flux european cover. They sent two guys to collect it to take it to a garage. They jumped started it and took it to a garage. Then it seem to start without a problem.

Garage diagnosed the problem as a starter motor issue as they believed it was making a strange noise. They changed the starter and it still would not start all the time. So then rewired the battery and ignition etc.

Well, it still fails to start one in every ten starts.

The cost of the starter motor ex labour and VAT 365 euros. The garage did not make clear the cost before starting the work and I was only able to challenge the bill at the end, whereupon the guy shrugged his shoulders making out Bosch set the prices not him. Also it turns out that the starter motor was not the problem.

Payment was CC,

Is it worth me challenging this and how? :Angry:

Thanks for replying.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Being an,"Old Fart",you are ...."Paying the price :ROFLMAO:", for the fazing out of proper fitters and the introduction of,"Qualified Technicians ":Doh:
Having said that,Auto electronics today are in a world of their own,just divide the times you get away cheaply into the alleged rip offs and you may find it evens out, it's only money.
Tea Bag. Oh for the days when ships were wood and men were steel.
PS. this post is the result of consuming "Red Biddy" Hic!,no offence meant

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
HI sorry to read about your problem,it seems you are having the same problem we once had,it turned out to be a bad relay ,i took it apart and saw that moisture was causing the fault,new relay fitted and bingo ,hope this helps you ,and stops you getting ripped off more times,relay simple and cheap,:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
To answer your original question you could raise the matter with your (UK) credit card company and claim a refund under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Under that law they remain liable for any breaches of contract by the supplier of the goods or services. Case law has confirmed that it applies to any UK credit card agreement even when the purchase was made in another country.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi
On my way down to Greece but my MH failed to start in Belgium after filling up with fuel. I called Adrian Flux european cover. They sent two guys to collect it to take it to a garage. They jumped started it and took it to a garage. Then it seem to start without a problem.

Garage diagnosed the problem as a starter motor issue as they believed it was making a strange noise. They changed the starter and it still would not start all the time. So then rewired the battery and ignition etc.

Well, it still fails to start one in every ten starts.

The cost of the starter motor ex labour and VAT 365 euros. The garage did not make clear the cost before starting the work and I was only able to challenge the bill at the end, whereupon the guy shrugged his shoulders making out Bosch set the prices not him. Also it turns out that the starter motor was not the problem.

Payment was CC,

Is it worth me challenging this and how? :Angry:

Thanks for replying.

£80 for my Transit......:Smile: BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back