Flat vehicle battery, how do I charge up wwhen I cant open passenger door to open bonnet? (3 Viewers)

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Even when the bonnet is released, it cannot fly up to obscure the driver’s vision. There is a secondary latch that needs to be activated by hand from the front of the stationary vehicle, before the bonnet can be raised!

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Even when the bonnet is released, it cannot fly up to obscure the driver’s vision. There is a secondary latch that needs to be activated by hand from the front of the stationary vehicle, before the bonnet can be raised!
I would rather not chance it! I’ve seen the consequences of a failed bonnet release catch!
Why do you think some van and car manufacturers hide the bonnet release ?
It’s not a game of hide and seek 😂

paul in a van

Free Member
Jun 26, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have 2009 x250 and the bonnet release position is a pita! At home the passenger side of the van is be always parked against the wall!

I also have an electrical charging issue. On board charger no longer charges the vehicle battery, the step doesn't auto retract and fridge doesn't auto switch to battery when engine running.

I have traced a blown fuse f38 on the dashboard fuse board. Any replacement fuse blows as soon as connected.
Any wizards out there able to suggest how I trace this fault!
Thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I have 2009 x250 and the bonnet release position is a pita! At home the passenger side of the van is be always parked against the wall!

I also have an electrical charging issue. On board charger no longer charges the vehicle battery, the step doesn't auto retract and fridge doesn't auto switch to battery when engine running.

I have traced a blown fuse f38 on the dashboard fuse board. Any replacement fuse blows as soon as connected.
Any wizards out there able to suggest how I trace this fault!
Thank you
I would start a new thread about your problem. (y)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Once you get sorted it may be worth looking to see if it's possible to attach a piece of string to the bonnet release and see if you can open it with the door closed.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Once you get sorted it may be worth looking to see if it's possible to attach a piece of string to the bonnet release and see if you can open it with the door closed.
No can do

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I have not read all the posts , but I suspect that as the vehicle has not been used for a time the Passenger door internal handle does work but the door is stuck on the sealing rubbers , give it a good shove while pulling the catch

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have not read all the posts , but I suspect that as the vehicle has not been used for a time the Passenger door internal handle does work but the door is stuck on the sealing rubbers , give it a good shove while pulling the catch
I think the central locking is stuck on due to no 12v

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back