flat battery (1 Viewer)

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
tried to start the van yesterday found the battery had gone flat. The van normally stays put all week, but this week we had the bungalow painted so it was moved a few times. After a charge it is now Ok but as the van is now 7 years old is it time for a new battery? Or am I being paranoid? Any advice welcome please

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If the battery has not been on charge during that period then just starting it a few times will have flattened it.

I recon if the battery is the same age as the m/h then it is probably time to treat it to a new one.

OP
OP
gasman2008
Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
Thanks for the answers just confirmed my opinion I get some quotes for a battery.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Since you're in Southampton, the place on Nightingale Ave in Eastleigh will check the battery for £3, and knock that off the price of a new one if you buy one.

http://eastleighbatteriesandspares.co.uk/
Most tyre, battery and exhaust centres will check for free.......but i reckon the results could be a little biased in their favour.

Of course your battery is buggered sir and we just happen to have a new one.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
i have a battery / alternator tester , cost £11 you connect to the battery,,start the vehicle,,it tells you if battery ok,,,if alternator charging and if battery taking a charge.....great bit of kit......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
i had a new batt fitterd this week £120 5 year garentee tried to start it today and it clicked as if loose connection but when i switch off the diles started to flicker ?tried a gain and it started im parinoied over it now

OP
OP
gasman2008
Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
second time the battery has gone flat. 3 trips to the recycling centre yesterday with the old shed less than three miles. Today battery was flat again. Off to Cornwall tomorrow so had to buy from halfords, £150 fitted, but it is starting a lot better. I'm sure I could have got it for less but left it too late.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back