Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol 2004
Exp
Hi everyone! Broken Link Removed
I have a potential problem with a new vehicle (tested ) battery or it could be something I am doing wrong! The vehicle battery after a few days has gone flat, so is there something on the Symbol (2004 ) that is draining the power? This first happened a couple of weeks ago to the original battery so I replaced it as I had only just purchased the Symbol. I have been told since that the battery was the original when the vehicle was new. We have been away for a week (Dorset from Hampshire) so the van has had a good run but found the battery again flat after five days. Like an idiot I had the switch on Habitation on the control panel when hooked up to elec until after a few days I realised that the Hab/Vehicle switch is for charging whatever battery. The leisure battery is only a few months old. This is my first time with a 'camper' so am a novice regarding the control panel etc. I did notice a 30amp fuse was blown next to the leisure battery so replaced that....would that have stopped the vehicle battery from charging? Again, my question is was it me or is there something else that would drain the battery? I need to sort this out quick as this is my only vehicle! Apart from this problem and the weather we had a great time and are so glad we have taken the plunge....!!

Any suggestions gratefully recieved!! Broken Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well the vehicle battery, if not being used, should hold its charge for ages, certainly in the months rather than weeks !

Do you have a multi meter at all ? Would be worth hooking off one of the leads from the battery and checking for current drain

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Has the van got vehicle alarm ? If so that can flatten the battery in a week or two
The fuse would more than likely be to protect the leisure battery on the relay side of things
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Fridge relay stuck closed.

fridge is powered by the engine battery (only) when the engine is running (Ignition turned on) and if it sticks closed the fridge will continue to run on engine battery even when the engine is turned off until it is flat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back