Flat Battery causing computer errors (1 Viewer)

Campers@Leisure

Free Member
Feb 21, 2017
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Lancashire
Exp
Since 2003
Hi, I have a problem with warning lights coming on after a flat battery on autosleepr Lancashire 2013. I have seen a post by Kool Kroozer dated 3rd Jan 2015 with the same problem, wearing EDB failure ABS Engine management light on speedo not working, but he doesn't say how he fixed it.
I have been to Peugeot dealer & they reset it, but next day it's come on again, any body know how to resolve this ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
@Kool Kroozer may be able to answer the OPs question.

You can tag ppl and they get a an alert so he/she may/may not come along and give you the answer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Yep as you know i disconnected my battery to charge it up as it kept going flat while in storage (but the way around it is solar and a battery master) I drove past a peugeot dealership while out in the peak district and told them the problem i was having and they reset it for me there an then, but when i drove up the road for half an hour and turned the engine off for a coffee break - when we decided to continue after starting the engine all the fault lights came back on again (fkin crap) I then booked it in with my local dealer, they then diagnosed i needed a new clock cluster which would cost in the region of £800, but as it was a new van it was done under warranty... I asked when picked it up if it was a more up to date cluster or just a replacement ? I was told it was a replacememnt, so the poor buggers who now have our van will probably be in the same situation as we/you and many others ... To be honest i am glad i have a Renault pulling our house, no electrical problems like on the fiat ducatos and no mods have to be done to get the rain water to drain away as it should when it hits the scuttle under the windscreen.. I am pretty sure i read either on here (FUN) or on the internet that someone sent their clocks away to a company who did the repair for about £300 ish and gave a lifetime guarantee or somethink similar to that effect.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Cartronix at Waterlooville repair the cluster for £150 with lifetime warranty, I had mine done there. I dropped my off it was ready a couple of hours later, they will take the cluster out for you.

Cartronix

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Always learning
Cartronix seems the way forward C@L... One thing i would certainly guarantee is that by buying a new cluster will be a waste of money IMO - It will only happen again, i dont know what mileage your van has but ours was 12 months old from new with about 7k on the clock, personally think its pretty poor of citreon/ducato/fiat to keep churning this crap out full well knowing the parts will fail as its an on going problem - yet do fkall to correct it !

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Always learning
Been doing it for years.....remember juddergate.

Took a long time for them to admit there was a fault.
Before my time PJ - juddergate/watergate only just heard of pissagate :LOL::LOL:
What was juddergate ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Before my time PJ - juddergate/watergate only just heard of pissagate :LOL::LOL:
What was juddergate ?
Severe juddering in reverse gear, up a gradiant usually.
The original fiat response was to rev it higher in reverse.
Then they eventually admitted a fault and came up with modified rubber engine/gearbox mounts.
Search 'juddergate' in the search box.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Then they eventually admitted a fault and came up with modified rubber engine/gearbox mounts.
And a lower reverse gear.
Only appeared to affect some vans, my last Hymer (2008) was fine but because of the stigma over it I phoned Fiat and said it juddered and had the mods done, just in case it caused problems at sale time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back