Flat battery. Can’t lock the Moho door. (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi all
i received a telephone call from the tracking company about an incident with the Moho. it’s In storage so went up to investigate. The battery is completely flat, the growler alarm isn’t working and I couldn’t lock the passenger door. Why would this happen. We last used it at the end of September but we have a 120 W solar panel.
it’s a fiat Ducati registered 2019. Is this normal
kind regards Karen.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
at the shortest day in the northern hemisphere, your solar panel can't keep up with the constant discharge from the alarm, immobiliser and other current sucking devices

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Probably not enough input from solar to keep battery topped up as not a lot of winter sunshine lately?

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi all
i received a telephone call from the tracking company about an incident with the Moho. it’s In storage so went up to investigate. The battery is completely flat, the growler alarm isn’t working and I couldn’t lock the passenger door. Why would this happen. We last used it at the end of September but we have a 120 W solar panel.
it’s a fiat Ducati registered 2019. Is this normal
kind regards Karen.
Hi.. you should be able to manually lock the passenger door then the drivers door with the key..
Do you have a non start as well as the growler?
Andy
Ps..are you also sure you have the facility to charge the start battery from the solar..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Belledog
Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi.. you should be able to manually lock the passenger door then the drivers door with the key..
Do you have a non start as well as the growler?
Andy
Ps..are you also sure you have the facility to charge the start battery from the solar..
No I have got that wrong . The solar only charges the leisure battery. I have a ghost immobiliser and smartrack tracker. Do I have to turn the alarm off to keep the battery stable.

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
No I have got that wrong . The solar only charges the leisure battery. I have a ghost immobiliser and smartrack tracker. Do I have to turn the alarm off to keep the battery stable.
I would say you would be far better making some provision to try and cope with the start battery drain.. something along the lines of a battery master type device or a dual output solar regulator..
A bit more solar would help as well..
You have a fewitems which will all most likely be wired to the start battery.. the alarm.. you mentioned an immobiliser and a tracker.. ..
Re the passenger door..did you see my initial comment..
Lock it manually then drivers door with the key..
Andy

Upvote 0

Dave116610

Free Member
Mar 20, 2020
Twickenham
Funster No
MH
Swift lifestyle
Exp
I am a newbie
As for locking the passenger door I am shore a video on YouTube shows moving a lever located in the edge of the open door under the catch. Once this is moved just shut the door, its locked.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Belledog
Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
Upvote 0