Funster No
MH
Compass Advantgard
Exp
7 years
Hia

I will start at the beginning
Please do not shout at me

Went to Southern Ireland for the last 3 weeks , it was lovely with another motorhome
Half way through our travels my solar panel light turned red and when looking at the papers I had, it said that it was discharging the batteries.
R checked batteries and anything else and it was decided to disconnect the wires from the regulated. That didn't solve the problem.
I've ordered a new regulated as we were not sure about the old one.
We found on our travels that the batteries were not charging up when the engine was running
The batteries lasted about 2days before going flat.
We did go on a couple of campsites with elec so I could get batteries charged up then they lasted for about 2 days.
I bought a trickle charger for time off campsites and connected up via elec leads to the other motorhome to put charge back in.

On my return I called at a local auto electrician and explained best I could. He said he couldn't help me with the habitat batteries but the fuse may have gone in the split charger.
He said to put charge in my habitat batteries first as then change the fuse if need be . If the fuse has not gone then he would check it out for me.
As I didn't have the van with me I later saw my mechanic to ask where I would find the fuse. He showed me and we had a look and the casing was burnt, so he sorted it with a new casing and gave me the fuse to put it when the habitat batteries had some charge in them.
Now last night hooked up on electric at home. This morning showing 13 1/2 amp on my little gauge in the van but nothing without elec hook up.
Would this be because the fuse is not in the split charger .

Now should I chance putting the fuse in the split charger and see if that is causing the none charging of habitat batteries while on electric hook up.
Ohhhh I am so confused
Suppose will have to take it to a motorhome dealers to be sorted before going to buy new habitat batteries
It's a Compass Advantgard 200 year 2005

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
we have a compass avantgard 150 so assume it's the same, and the batteries last a couple of days , we have a switch with three positions n it , aux , off, and van, now if we leave it in the middle the battery stays up but when switching it to aux there is a tick noise from somewhere that must be a solinoid switching something but there's nothing on, then the battery goes down in a couple of days standing in the shed, don't know what it is but I am investigating it now.
Btw we don't have solar on it so can't help on that I'm afraid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Polly Put The Kettle On
Oct 24, 2014
Stockport Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Advantgard
Exp
7 years
Hia

Thanks for your replies called in Carl who as Freedom Lesuire services.
He lives fairly local and I called him in the other month for a habitat check which he did.
So I thought I would give him a ring.
He's been round and given it a good check and things are looking up
Waiting on state of batteries now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back