The Bold Eagle

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise Gleneagle
Exp
Brand new
Hi all. Have just taken charge of our very first motorhome . An Autocruise Gleneagle which has a Peugeot Boxer cab. The problem I have, that no one seems to have the answer to is that the odometer reading is flashing all the time I am driving. I have googled this and it seems to be a common problem with Peugeot and Fiats in particular but no one seems to know how to rectify it. Any ideas guys?

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Can't remember the full details but this used to happen with a Punto that I owned. I was told that it was due to something not booting up correctly on start-up - something to do with the ECU. I hope that means something to you. In my case I used to correct it by turning off the engine for thirty seconds or so and restarting it. The fault had usually disappeared. Maybe your fault is similar.

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
my son had a punto with the same problem, only way to reset it was a trip to fiat dealer and plug into their computer about £80, sold the car instead

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Hi, looking at the web, it sounds like this fault can happen when the Canbus system throws a wobbly and goes slightly out of sync. It is suggested that the Peaugeot dealer can quickly (10 minutes) re-sync the system. There was no indication of what sort of costs this incurred, but being a dealer most likely an expensive 10 minutes. Did you buy private or through a motorhome dealer, who by rights should cover the cost.
I should point out most of the web info related to Fiat ducato but as you say, I think the systems will be much the same.

OP
OP
The Bold Eagle

The Bold Eagle

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise Gleneagle
Exp
Brand new
Can't remember the full details but this used to happen with a Punto that I owned. I was told that it was due to something not booting up correctly on start-up - something to do with the ECU. I hope that means something to you. In my case I used to correct it by turning off the engine for thirty seconds or so and restarting it. The fault had usually disappeared. Maybe your fault is similar.
Seems maybe to do with the computer system. Hasn't reset itself after restarting tho, still keeps flashing . Will have to put up with it I think. I will just flick over so the dash is showing something else and not the odometer. Cheers, Graham.

OP
OP
The Bold Eagle

The Bold Eagle

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise Gleneagle
Exp
Brand new
Hi, looking at the web, it sounds like this fault can happen when the Canbus system throws a wobbly and goes slightly out of sync. It is suggested that the Peaugeot dealer can quickly (10 minutes) re-sync the system. There was no indication of what sort of costs this incurred, but being a dealer most likely an expensive 10 minutes. Did you buy private or through a motorhome dealer, who by rights should cover the cost.
I should point out most of the web info related to Fiat ducato but as you say, I think the systems will be much the same.
Bought it through a dealer. The mechanic they put me on to was baffled by it so will have to contact them again. Thanks for the help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Bought it through a dealer. The mechanic they put me on to was baffled by it so will have to contact them again. Thanks for the help.

That sounds like really good news, my experience of silly electrical faults is a big bill very quickly builds up

I would do my best to get the dealer to sort it out before it develops into something more serious and maybe wont let the engine start or something silly

David (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back