FLASHING MAJESTIC LIGHTS (1 Viewer)

Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
Hi Elddis 2015 Majestic The lights indicating a problem with the seat belts and also the airbag have been coming on on the dash, on then off but when I drive for over 100 miles then they go off and stay off for the duration of the journey What I understand from reading about this fairly common fault is to firstly look under the drivers seat or the passenger seat to locate the ECU which often has a loose connection I have looked under both seats and can not find any such thing to check Can it be located anywhere else on the vehicle? If it is not a loose connection what is the best way forward for this issue? I am aware that it would be a MOT failure which is due in a few weeks hence it must be cured soon and I am also nervous of the great expense some people incur with this problem Many Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Why the confusion, this is a known problem but can sometimes be caused by a poor connection at the plug which you disconnect if removing the seat, can alsobe caused by a faulty earth, hopefully that is the cause and not the need for a new dashboard, ours was done under warranty ina 2009 van some time ago.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
there are no ECU's under the seats. the air bag ecu is on the right side of the passenger foot well, there are seat connectors under the seats that sometimes get snagged and woth checking

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Why the confusion, this is a known problem but can sometimes be caused by a poor connection at the plug which you disconnect if removing the seat, can alsobe caused by a faulty earth, hopefully that is the cause and not the need for a new dashboard, ours was done under warranty ina 2009 van some time ago.

Because the post originally only said...

ā€˜Hi Elddis 2015 Majesticā€™

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS : remove the plastic Cab battery cover in the passenger footwell and front right you will see the airbag ecu. i would NOT wiggle any connectors while the battery is still connected , you could set off the airbags...

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If it is a Fiat then there is information and photos of the ECU on this thread. Ours is 2015 van.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You do not say what base vehicle you have. If it a Fiat Ducato the Airbag ECU will be under the removable part of the cab floor where the battery is. Lift up the removable bit of the floor and it will be found at the front right side of the hole. My airbag warning light was on constantly a few months ago. There is a company in Liverpool called CrashData who you can send the ECU to and they will reflash it to clear the faults and return it. Costs about Ā£80 including postage.

Here is a pdf file with a photo of it and instructions.

Attachments

• Crash-data instructions.pdf
    328.7 KB · Views: 35

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You do not say what base vehicle you have. If it a Fiat Ducato the Airbag ECU will be under the removable part of the cab floor where the battery is. Lift up the removable bit of the floor and it will be found at the front right side of the hole. My airbag warning light was on constantly a few months ago. There is a company in Liverpool called CrashData who you can send the ECU to and they will reflash it to clear the faults and return it. Costs about Ā£80 including postage.

I think Elddis use the pug boxeršŸ‘ that said Iā€™ve seen a few Fiat fronts on the newer ones but the 2015 is a pug.
145A055B-6649-4814-B45B-6C5848B1D8D5.jpeg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think you're referring to the harness plug for the seat occupancy or seat belt sensors, not the ECU.... that should be under the dash or back of engine bay.
Check the under seat wiring for damage.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think Elddis use the pug boxeršŸ‘ that said Iā€™ve seen a few Fiat fronts on the newer ones but the 2015 is a pug.View attachment 444798
Peugot built in the same factory as the Fiat. My guess will be it will in the same position and look the same, although the reference number may be different. Once you have that you can look it up on the CrashData website.

OP
OP
D
Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s

Thanks for good replies, will follow the pdf Peter thanks a lot

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back