Flashing light on Battery switch on NE152 control panel (1 Viewer)

TTG

Free Member
Jul 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hello, just bought first camper van (Ducato Tribute 650 2009). Done one long weekend away and can't seem to get to grips with the control panel. (NE152) most of it seems to work but there is a continuous flashing green light on the battery symbol that will not go out unless you turn off the leisure isolator. Only other thing is I can't seem to get the Fridge/freezer to run off 12 volts. Not sure if there is a connection between the two faults? Any ideas? Thanks TTG

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi TTG and welcome on board (y)
Cannot answer the flashy green light but the fridge freezer will only work off 12v when the engine is running..
They draw a lot of current and would kill your battery quite quickly :)

OP
OP
T

TTG

Free Member
Jul 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks Jaws I thought as much but have tried it both ways without success. I did see somewhere that it wouldn't work
if the battery was producing less than X amount of volts( can't remember exactly how many) but it seems fine and starts the
van after standing for 10 days or so no prob so it can't be that bad. Or can it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No mate, sounds just fine.
When you start the engine a relay kicks in and switches the 12v feed over to the fridge from the engine battery.
It will not fire up on 12v if the engine is not running ....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back