Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Hi, we got a fire extinguisher in a starter pack that cam with our van and I'd like to fix it somewhere. I understand that it should go near the hab. door but can I fix to the shell of the vehicle or would I be better fixing to an internal cupboard? The van is a swift lifestyle. If I can fix to the inside of the shell of the van what kind of fixings should I use. Although it's only a small one (2kg?) it is quite heavy (about 2kg I guess ;)) so it needs to be fairly substantial although I'm thinking quite near the floor would be the best place for it.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Mine is fixed behind the passenger seat against the wardrobe side panel as this is around 15-18mm ply, about 100mm off the floor. It's easily accessible from both can and Han area which is what you want ideally. This was in place when I bought the MH, if I had been fitting myself the only other place I would have considered would be on the inside of the wardrobe adjacent the power supply unit, however this area is probably one of the prime areas of possible risk of electrical fire so maybe it's just best where it is. As for fixing, 15mm flat or pan head self tappers should suffice. :) lance

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I always fit to the furniture just inside the hab door so accessible from inside or out easily. try to avoid fixing to the inside ply skin of the wall as there is no structural strength, only 3mm ply glued to styrofoam

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back