Fix it Meet 30 May 01 June 2014 (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
JUST GOT HOME 1.00,PM TODAY
Well that's my first funster meet over with :thumb:so lost my virginity :winky:
It's been shall we say different for me and everyone made me feel welcome so a big thanks :thumb:I was going to bed at around 10 pm when I got both John and shelled along with Haggard -so ended up going to bed at (I am told ) an early 2 am a little worse for wear :Smile:THANKS GUYS:winky: I have drunk more in the last 3 days than I have had in the last 2 yrs :Eeek: but thoroughly enjoyed it.Its been nice to put faces to names :thumb: even if I have forgot some already,so if I ask your name next time we meet forgive me --I am good with faces but US on names ::bigsmile:
Thanks Bill,Lyn and Jay and everyone else who made it a enjoyable meet :thumb:
terry
Joy has got hundreds of pics so no doubt she will be posting a few over the next few days

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Its already been said, but a few more wont hurt and are well due, Bill, Lynne and Jay what a great weekend we have just had, very well done to all of you for fixing it

Met a couple of faces we had seen before, loads we hadn't but only our second FUN meet, great crowd, shared knowledge, quite probably exactly what motorhome fun was created for

A few big fixes were done, but after thanking Bill my next biggest

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :thumb::thumb:

goes to Terry for fixing our wind out awning, knowledge and bravery, pulling it much harder than I would dare. Then saying after, 'didn't bother me it wasn't mine, worst it could have been was more broke' you're a top man Terry

A much smaller THANKS to Joy for letting me eat one of her veggie 'sausage' thingies, yum :Eeek:, xx

Till next time, thanks again and see you soon we hope, well most of you anyway :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Bill sounds as if it was a brilliant meet, was looking forward to joining you in 2015 but seen the dates and 7th June 2015 well that's our Golden Wedding Anniversary so think we will miss it. What a brilliant concept a fix it meet was for bringing funsters together. :thumb:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well I thought it was crap as I didnt break anything so had nothing of my own to fix and with all the other willing hands nobody else seemed to want me either (possibly because I might have made it worse).

Seriously though what a cracking group of Funsters and big thanks to everybody, must mention Bill, Lynn and Jay (the wee man) just for making it all possible.

Bill will now be sat in an empty field feeling a bit sad a bit hung over, and thinking what the hell has just happened the last three day.

BIG UP :thumb:

Martin and Jen

PS Home safely, grass to cut.

PPS yipee Jen has just broken the fridge door catch unloading it and I have fixed it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well I thought it was crap as I didnt break anything so had nothing of my own to fix and with all the other willing hands nobody else seemed to want me either (possibly because I might have made it worse).

Seriously though what a cracking group of Funsters and big thanks to everybody, must mention Bill, Lynn and Jay (the wee man) just for making it all possible.

Bill will now be sat in an empty field feeling a bit sad a bit hung over, and thinking what the hell has just happened the last three day.

BIG UP :thumb:

Martin and Jen

PS Home safely, grass to cut.
sorted out some of the rut's got empty field syndrome so we have gone home :cry:
bill

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Got to agree with everythink that's been said, big thanks to bill & Lynn and everyone else for making this a great weekend away, also Terry and Jon for there help fixing things in the van :thumb:,
even the dogs got on ::bigsmile:
Wrenbury was going to be my first meet but jump't in here last minute so glad I did now I'm looking to fit another one in before that,
Thanks again to everyone
Dave

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
well got home safe and sound.cant say enough thanks to every one that was there.we ate to much and drank to much and laughed to much.thanks to all who made rose and me so happy.hope to see you all soon.:Cool::Cool:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
well got home safe and sound.cant say enough thanks to every one that was there.we ate to much and drank to much and laughed to much.thanks to all who made rose and me so happy.hope to see you all soon.:Cool::Cool:

Glad you got home safely :thumb: and after owning your van for a incredible 25 yrs giving me my simplest FIX of the weekend :winky:::bigsmile:hope you enjoy your toast ::bigsmile:
terry

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
We're also home safely, having had a brilliant weekend - shame it had to end :cry:
Thanks again Bill and Lynn for making it all happen.
Thanks also to all who helped us, especially Terry.
And also to Cruiser for trying to teach us to dance :Eeek:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
What a brilliant weekend ,thanks to Bill Lynn and the Weeman ,met loads of new people and faces ,and it was nice to see some fun virgins being taken under the wing.Thanks for the fixers on my van and thanks for the push off.Question who brought turkey fingers to the barbie last night and where did you get them?They gorgeous.Joy see you in the she club,Dave thanks for the scouse humour,i could go on and on .
Dave

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
What a brilliant weekend ,thanks to Bill Lynn and the Weeman ,met loads of new people and faces ,and it was nice to see some fun virgins being taken under the wing.Thanks for the fixers on my van and thanks for the push off.Question who brought [HI]turkey fingers[/HI] to the barbie last night and where did you get them?They gorgeous.Joy see you in the she club,Dave thanks for the scouse humour,i could go on and on .
Dave
They were from Bernard Matthews direct sales shop in Suffolk. I bought a large bagful for about £3.

antbass

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
Ely
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1998
:Smile:
We would like to join with all the others and say a massive "Thank you" to Bill and Lynn for a great weekend, lovely venue and a gang of lovely people.
Please add us to next year's meet.
Best wishes
Anthea & Doug

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
thanks terry.i can now have toast again.and thanks to dawn b her and joy were a joy to teach.glad you all got home safe and sound.in diary for next year. all I have got to do is break something.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years

Attachments

• 20140602_13.jpg
    20140602_13.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20140602_14.jpg
    20140602_14.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
A big thank you Bill & Lynn just got back from our long weekend, found lots of willing advice about our non flying remote controlled kite which has still to fly although at one attempt there was very nearly the flight we hoped for. Thank everyone who tried to fix and bodge it for us, better luck next time. Will take up the suggestion of looking at a better battery set up when we have time.
Good crowd and the food at the pub was brilliant.
Ann & I really enjoyed it.
Ann & Harry

Night Owl

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
A great big thank you Bill and Lynn for a superb meet at a great venue with a really good pub

Please put us on your list for next years meet.

Thanks

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
:thumb:yes please bill put rose and me down for next year please [cruiser].thanks bll and lyn.:thumb::thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Please put me down Bill and lyn..... will look forward to it..

Thank you both and little Jay, thanks to everyone at the meet who mucked in to make it really very special indeed. It was lovely to meet the new people who have only communicated via the website and nearly managed to steal at least three little dogs in my van... ah well, better luck next time. Brilliant weekend ... the best ever... Thank you and looking forward to next year.:thumb:

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Hello Bill & Lynn,
Can you put us down for next year before you get booked up as it looks like you may have to get a bigger field if there is any more to come.

We really enjoyed it this year and before I forget a big thank you to all who helped push us out after getting stuck, better mention the experience of the residential funster who took over the wheel (as she said was lighter than me) and claimed to show all the men there how to drive.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thank you Joy!!
Ann & Harry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Joy sorry we did not win anything on the lottery :Smile:
terry

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Joy sorry we did not win anything on the lottery :Smile:
terry

It's ok. I exchanged the ticket I found in your van for another old one .... I won't be around for a while .. off to Thailand.....:thumb: I'll send you and Max a photo....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Back home, van cleaned and turned around ready for the next one. A big thank you to Bill and Lynn for a great weekend. I saw lots of fixing jobs going on, some doing jobs on their vans that they had been meaning to do for ages, others sharing their skills and helping people out. All good stuff.

Sorry to anyone that found the party in the middle of the field a bit noisy:Blush::Blush:[HI] but at least we weren't singing!:whatthe:
[/HI]
Great to finally meet some familiar names from the forum too.

Looking forward to the next one.

Sandra, Colin and Izzy

As we understand it it is only the Welsh choirs that are supposed to sing after they have had a few too many and they were stopped at one point because Jim who comes from Wales could not understand them. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
just to finish this thede off was talking to Richard and he was over the moon with the way the meet went no complaints and watt a lovely friendly bunch thank funsters:thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I wish I'd come too as the weather in France was mainly shite :roflmto: Hindsight is wonderful. I hope you do it again Bill well done :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back