Fittings for Spanish Gas Bottle (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Can anyone help please.
After a very frustrating time in Spain trying to adapt a Spanish bottle to fit my van I thought it best to travel fully equipt this year.
I can only feed in the bottle through my van regulator but the fittings vary. My English pipes are thiner than the Spanish hose but cannot find anyone local to make a specific pipe. I'm going to run my bottle from an on off tap so require heavy duty hose and ends to be crimped.
I hope this all makes sense.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Wilf

Deleted User
If I understand you correctly then you need a Spanish bottle top adaptor(not regulator) like this one from Hamilton Gas:

or buy one in a ferreteria in Spain and a pigtail to fit which is the same as a UK butane connector.
Pigtail like one of these, depends how long you want it:

http://gasproducts.co.uk/gas-regulators/butane-pigtails.html

But if in any doubt speak to Hamilton Gas, as @vwalan says they are very helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This is how i have mine.. A standard UK Butane pigtail.
Unscrew the Butane clip on adaptor and replace with a Spanish JUMBO adaptor.. NOT A regulator...
Simple and everything running via the bulkhead regulator.

SAM_0960.JPG
SAM_0962.JPG

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
I have a spanish bottle and connector in yorkshire if its of use.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Translation for you.
"I do not want a regulator. I want a adaptor"
Translates as,
"No quiero un regulador. Quiero un adaptador"
The pipework (for 'vans with a built in Reg (post 2002ish) is a left hand threaded POL UK Butane pigtail. That fits on the side of the 'Adaptador'

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Once again many many thanks for your advise. Job sorted. Simple really but having extra knowledge is reassuring.
Wilf

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
If I understand you correctly then you need a Spanish bottle top adaptor(not regulator) like this one from Hamilton Gas:

or buy one in a ferreteria in Spain and a pigtail to fit which is the same as a UK butane connector.
Pigtail like one of these, depends how long you want it:

http://gasproducts.co.uk/gas-regulators/butane-pigtails.html

But if in any doubt speak to Hamilton Gas, as @vwalan says they are very helpful.
We spoke to them, very helpful, and told us which adaptor and pigtails yo buy.

Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
On this subject of spanish gas bottles and fitments, I have a spanish gas bottle in my motohome with the correct pipe and adapter all worked fine until we changed the motorhome same motorhome but newer carthago chic c line the only difference is it is a coachbuilt the old one was an A- class.
Now I can't get the boiler to fire up it keeps going into error mode E 507 ?? if my memory serves me right,
but when I switch it over to the english propane bottle everything works fine, I just might add that the hob and fridge works ok on the spanish side ok it's just the boiler that keeps going into error mode, any ideas folks

regards Joe

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
On this subject of spanish gas bottles and fitments, I have a spanish gas bottle in my motohome with the correct pipe and adapter all worked fine until we changed the motorhome same motorhome but newer carthago chic c line the only difference is it is a coachbuilt the old one was an A- class.
Now I can't get the boiler to fire up it keeps going into error mode E 507 ?? if my memory serves me right,
but when I switch it over to the english propane bottle everything works fine, I just might add that the hob and fridge works ok on the spanish side ok it's just the boiler that keeps going into error mode, any ideas folks

regards Joe

The error code means "gas supply interrupted". It is probably sensing low pressure. The other appliances probably just get on with it and don't have a low pressure cut-out.

Is the hob just as powerful when using this bottle as with your UK bottle? Is the bottle valve opened fully? Is there a restriction in the pig tail? Was the adapter actually a disguised regulator?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Is it Propano if so should be OK, if it Butano not so good in winter, we live in Spain and have one Propano and a refillable bottle but gpl autogas in Europe is a mixture and not the same at all garages. šŸ¤”
In the last 14years we have used Spanish gas, most of the time no problem with Butano unless it's really cold, but one we had never liked it and we offen had to clean the flu because it sooted up. šŸ˜ Bob

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: f6c
Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
Hi all thanks for your thoughts itā€™s a propaneo gas bottle checked gas pipe for any kinks ok, bottle is three quarters full, canā€™t think of anything else tearing my hair out the only other thing I can think of is the adapter faulty? itā€™s only two years old very weird.
Joe

Deleted User
The adaptors are only about ā‚¬10, I would start there. They are also available in the UK.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Are you using a Spanish regulator and then feeding into the vans bulkhead. If so you will be regulating it twice. A friend had a similar issue and had low pressure.
Cure is to use a "jumbo adaptor" that is really just a on/off valve, not the more common flip top regulator.

Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
Yes I am using a jumbo adapter same set up on my old van as on my new van thatā€™s what is so confusing I can only think the adapter is at fault??
Joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back