Fitting second battery into Rapido 986m (1 Viewer)

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
Hi all...again, another newbie question which I can't find specific information on. I'd like to fit a second battery (have 2x250w panels), and I could fit one under the bed near the other but that would be a short cut that would irritate me. So, is there anyone who has cut the current hold for the battery to a larger size to be able to take two? If so, how did they get on with that?

Regards
Simon

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
OK, so I fitted a second battery myself. It was a bit of a task but I managed to bolt it under the vehicle securely. Quite a task on your own and would advice anyone doing it to get help.
Now have 2 brand new batteries joined by sending the original V+ to the second battery then back to the first battery, then linking the V-. That way both batteries will wear out evenly. Heavy duty jump start cables with inline big fuse and armoured protection for the outside cables.
So bit of an over engineered job but I'm confident it'll last.
There's plenty of room under the rapido but I will warn you about what you are screwing into, the floor is double layered with an insulation between. Fixing is difficult and I added a chassis member to support the battery.
Thought I'd update my post in case anyone else came across the same task.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Well done now we just need some pics?always nice to see how peeps solve a problem(y):D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back