Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
I’ve bought a Reversing Sensor set from Dolphin for my Chausson 640 (to go with the factory fit Reversing camera).

I’ve fitted these type of sensors many times to cars and there’s normally been good access to the back of the bumper area to fit the sensors and wiring.

On my MH the plastic bumper comes down and meets the flooring underside with a tiny gap with just about no access to get a hand in between to install the sensors and wiring.

Any top-tips on how the do this? Am I missing something - or is it just going to be a pain to install?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Are the sensors themselves not a push clip fit from the out side?. If so you are going to have to fiddle the wiring through from the outside via the hole drilled to take the sensor I suspect. An endoscope would be useful to decide the route again via the Sensor hole?.

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I have a 2 rear view cameras one point down and can view towball so can get very close to objects other rear view of road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I fitted a piece of alloy chanel across the back on the Laika and fitted the sensors in that. I used a six sensor version to cover the back. Works very well when reversing and just a bit of added protection. You can also buy small pods to fit the sensors in under the bumper. Make sure you stop the water getting to the back of them they are not waterproof as I found out. They did send me some new ones to get it going again.

OP
OP
ShaKen

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Thanks all

Yes the sensors are push in and thankfully I do have an endoscope / camera so will use that as suggested by @PeteH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back