FITTING BEAM REFLECTORS (1 Viewer)

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi All,discovered today that there is a lot of confusion about the fitting of beam benders whatever,all websites have the same info.Waste of space,most of them say read the instructions and the info on forums are from people who say put your lights on the wall and then put them on,still does not tell you the spot to stick them on.so some one could have a good website with a good video and get a lot of hits,as all the other info is c*** ,lets see what comes as answers.regards H

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
most beam benders have the instructions in the packet why use a website regarding fitting if u look at the instructions different motors need them in different places

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You see loads of vehicle with nothing fitted at all...
My view is for £5 off ebay, I buy a set, stick em on roughly where the instructions say and then I'm covered.. One more daft little thing that the French policeman cant get me for :)
I leave them on till i sell the van !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tinytot

Free Member
Oct 1, 2014
North Shields
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
7 years in a MH to many years in a tent.
I bought head light protectors with the beam bender marked on permanently so I don't need to keep buying them.(y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I bought head light protectors with the beam bender marked on permanently so I don't need to keep buying them.(y)

Yes, we've got them on our X250. The place to apply black tape is clearly marked on the protectors. Workd well for us and protects the headlights. Bought them second-hand for £25 three years ago from somebody who was changing their van.

Here's how to fit and remove:

http://deepredmotorhome.com/headlampdeflectors.php

Mike

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
H,
I may be preaching to the converted (pun intended :D)

As has been said......

You should have got destructions in the packet with the deflectors (n). Just look up the model of vehicle or the type of headlight. Some vehicles are just bog-standard lamps, whilst others are the more modern 'projector' type.

My tip would be to mark the headlamp with a wipe-off board marker pen. Then, re-confirm the position on the destructions (normally printed on the reverse side of the instructions sheet). Once happy with the position, offer them up to your marks and stick them on.

Because I saw and read about so many people having difficulty getting the damn things off again - and damaging plastic headlamp lens, I bought headlamp protectors. Same as a previous poster, they came with guide marks already on them so all I had to do was to offer up and afix the pre-formed black 'stickers' onto the marks. Once back in Blighty, I simply remove them and store for the next foreign trip. Not a cheap option, but soooo much better than faffing around trying to remove adhesive and possibly damaging the lens. I watched a bloke at Calais a few weeks ago resorting to a kitchen knife and solvent on tissues to get rid.

Finally, there are those on here who will say you don't need them coz they don't drive in the dark or they've never bothered. That's a personal decision BUT, on my recent trip, headlights were required in the daytime in heavy rain and also in tunnels. I would rather comply, than be looking out for the Gendarmerie!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi All,discovered today that there is a lot of confusion about the fitting of beam benders whatever,all websites have the same info.Waste of space,most of them say read the instructions and the info on forums are from people who say put your lights on the wall and then put them on,still does not tell you the spot to stick them on.so some one could have a good website with a good video and get a lot of hits,as all the other info is c*** ,lets see what comes as answers.regards H
If you can point your dipped headlights at a wall around 10ft away at night you'll notice a crisp, flat-topped beam with a well-defined 'lift' to the left. You need to blot-out the 'lift' to the left. It really is that simple and is more effective than simply following instructions as to where to fit beam converters. Dip beams have a kerbside beam extension on the left for the UK and on the right for the Continent. Using UK lights on the Continent shines the kerbside beam extension at oncoming drivers - hence the need to blank it.

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Don't drive in the dark............................:eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back