Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Hi, I am going to fit an awning rail to my motorhome. The problem I have is that if I follow the transfer at the top of the moho it will not be parallel with the ground as the back of my vehicle is higher than the front (as can be seen in my pic, hopefully). Therefore to get it parallel with the ground I would have to put the rail in at an angle. I am worried if I do that it will look odd. I have never owned and awning and this is my first moho.
I am hoping for some advice as to whether I should follow the transfer at the top or just put the awning rail in so it is level, assuming the ground is level too. I just noticed

TIA

Gerry

Pic of moho.jpg Moho2.jpg

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Do you not put your van on ramps to level it up? it will also help to get the best out of your fridge when running it on gas đź‘Ť

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
On one of our trips last year saw a van with an awning fitted like that, it looked weird, when I first looked at it I thought what pratt fitted that, then realised it was parallel to the ground.

If you are going to attach an awning to it you don't have much choice it needs to be parallel to the ground.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
We have the same van and the Omnistore awning runs exactly along the top of the side panel. Never been a problem that I have noticed. We do use ramps to level the motorhome front to back to level the bed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
We have the same van and the Omnistore awning runs exactly along the top of the side panel. Never been a problem that I have noticed. We do use ramps to level the motorhome front to back to level the bed
Hi Mark, we have a slightly different van to you although I can't see it would make much difference. However it is a fact that the black graphic running along the top is not parallel to the ground :(

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Is there a join os seam along the top of your van if so that would be the line to follow, it looks like you have ample room below the decals.
Most awning skirts have a spare bit for adjustment.

Upvote 0
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
The only photo I have on file showing the line of the awning. Just for your info. Might help. Might not!

IMG_4286.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Is there a join os seam along the top of your van if so that would be the line to follow, it looks like you have ample room below the decals.
Most awning skirts have a spare bit for adjustment.
There is a seam but the distance from seam to ground is longer at the rear than it is at the front! That's why I am not sure if following the seam (or transfer under it) is the best idea.

Cheers

Gerry

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
There is a seam but the distance from seam to ground is longer at the rear than it is at the front! That's why I am not sure if following the seam (or transfer under it) is the best idea.

Cheers

Gerry
Yes it will be that is normal, it may be an idea for you get some help once on a site, then you will see how others have done this.
If people put wind out awnings on level with the ground it would look terrible đź‘Ť
Once it’s fitted there is no going back no rush.🙂

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Yes it will be that is normal, it may be an idea for you get some help once on a site, then you will see how others have done this.
If people put wind out awnings on level with the ground it would look terrible đź‘Ť
Once it’s fitted there is no going back no rush.🙂

Thank you, good advice.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back