Fitting an A Frame to a MINI - help please (1 Viewer)

P

Pecks

Deleted User
Hi all,

Has anyone got any pics of a MINI with an A Frame attached they could kindly send me?

I ask as i've just managed to get hold of a second hand TOWTAL A Frame which i'm hoping to fit to our 2001 MINI.

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lee

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Link Removed firstly, welcome to the FUN site.
sorry, cant help with photos but please bear in mind it must be fitted to a substantial part of the car ie crossmember/ subframe ect which in turn must be in good nick, no rust holes ect. the stresses involved are pretty high, pulling, pushing and sideways when cornering

i fitted mine to my corsa using two steel plates, 200mm x 100mm x 6mm bolted at 3 points each side to the crossmember. mine is a caratow unit with two flat plates but you have another problem as the towtal uses two ringbolts which obviously have to lay horizontal which means some kind of vertical mounting plate.
you could possibly drill and bolt through the front subframe using steel plate strengtheners/weight speaders but i'm sure someone will be a bit more informed than me.

good luck.

john.

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pecks

Deleted User
Thanks for this John,

I know someone has one on a MINI as I saw it last week on M6 near Preston:winky:

Anymore takers on this ::bigsmile:

Lee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back