Fitting a micro wave in a Rapido (1 Viewer)

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Hi

We have a Rapido 770f, and have been thinking of fitting
a Microwave oven, has anybody done or got this in thiers
and if so where was it fitted and what size oven did you use.

Thanks for any advice

bigfish

sirhandel

Free Member
Nov 28, 2008
Chippenham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I installed a microwave on a low shelf in the wardrobe in my 783f. Not entirely satisfactory as it takes up wardrobe space and you have to install a mains socket in there as well. I was thinking of removing the gas oven as her-indoors has never used it and slotting the microwave in there but now she's bought a halogen cooker that fits nicely into gas oven with shelves removed....

sirhandel

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Our old Benimar came with a 12 volt microwave which was useless. I took it out and fitted a 240 volt one which was great, (on hook up of course).

ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigfish

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
I was thinking of removing the gas oven as her-indoors has never used it and slotting the microwave in there but now she's bought a halogen cooker that fits nicely into gas oven with shelves removed.

Hi thank you for replys, unfortuanatly my dearest, would rather keep the gas oven,
i will look into the wardrobe, :Doh: but with all the clothes she takes i cant see that
happening.

Cheers

Bigfish :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we use a normal small domestic microwave (morrisons budget model £25)....

It lives on the dinette seat (strapped down :Doh:) when travelling and on the dinette table when pitched.

not the best solution or the neatest installation but as there are only the two of us and dont need 4 place settings it works for us. :thumb:

ps...our overhead cupboards are far too small for a permenant installation.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Graham is going to put a socket in the garage of our Roller Team so that the microwave can stay in there. I did ask him if a microwave would fit where the grill is now and his reply was "what if we're not on hook up", good point so the grill stays. We've had the M/H 11 months and so far we havent needed a microwave and to be honest the only thing I would use it for is jacket potatoes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile: Got a small 700watt microwave that fits nicely into on of the upper lockers, absolute boon, £39 from Asda, nice and small as well
kennygd:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back