Fitting A Hindermann Concept 3 Bike Cover (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Came home today to the arrival of my used but very good condition bike cover. I know you have to put the cover on first before the bikes, unzipping the zips to slot the bike rack arms through but I just cant seem to grasp how to do it properly. The german instructions are pretty useless.

There must surely be a funster who has one of these and can help. It is the rear carrier kind and NOT the tow bar kind.

Please help.

Last edited:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
THANKYOU Richard, I couldn't find them in english. I think I've done it now (y) At least something now going right for me today.
I THINK we've sussed the instructions for our Taylormade Cycle Carrier at the 2nd 'Fitting Session'! Once you work out to fit the Covers, you understand the instructions, so you no longer need the instructions to tell you how to fit the Covers ... :LOL:

Steve

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I THINK we've sussed the instructions for our Taylormade Cycle Carrier at the 2nd 'Fitting Session'! Once you work out to fit the Covers, you understand the instructions, so you no longer need the instructions to tell you how to fit the Covers ... :LOL:

Steve
Your no doubt right Steve. We should both do a youtube video showing how to fit them to help others. I'm very surprised Van Comfort/Hindermann hasn't done it. I almost had a Taylormade but I'm happy with the quality feel of this Hindermann, only time will tell .

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Your no doubt right Steve. We should both do a youtube video showing how to fit them to help others. I'm very surprised Van Comfort/Hindermann hasn't done it. I almost had a Taylormade but I'm happy with the quality feel of this Hindermann, only time will tell .
There'd be too much swearing on my video! We bought the slightly larger cover for the electric bikes, because the ordinary bike version dimensions were too close for comfort, and I didn't want to rip seams etc when reaching over the bars to get the cover into position. But that makes the finished version a wee bit baggy, and I had fun and games trying to get the Warning Board Pocket anything like square, but it looks less like a 'sack of spuds tied up ugly' [Grandma's saying] and more like a Bike Cover now! Just slightly concerned that the wind will get under the cover and lift it [although I have tied off the 4 pieces of cord [that dangle like a flyscreen ...].

Elaine has made a pouch with a tape strap that we can wrap around the bike bars to stop the cords from flapping in the breeze and distracting following drivers. First test at the end of this week when we head towards Aberdeen for a CAMH Local Centre Rally at Laurencekirk!

Steve & Elaine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
This is mine with just the one bike on. The straps will take up any slack.
PHOTO-2021-08-23-19-32-39.jpg

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Watch out for the number plate being visible šŸ˜‰
Nah! I will take my chance on not being pulled v camera recognition:LOL: ..seriously a good point, it might lift once 2 bikes in place.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Came home today to the arrival of my used but very good condition bike cover. I know you have to put the cover on first before the bikes, unzipping the zips to slot the bike rack arms through but I just cant seem to grasp how to do it properly. The german instructions are pretty useless.

There must surely be a funster who has one of these and can help. It is the rear carrier kind and NOT the tow bar kind.

Please help.
You are not the only one - once you remember to put the cover on the rack first itā€™s all simple. Really good bike covers.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
This is mine with just the one bike on. The straps will take up any slack.View attachment 529537
Our bike rack hangs down from the roof guttering, so any adjustment to thecover takes place at 2.33 metres height, balancing on a pair of steps that jut out onto the A921, so dodging the traffic as well! If I could but juggle 3 oranges at the same time, I could sell tickets for the next performance ...

Have you tracked down a Warning Board? Still looking! Fiamma, Italian company, sell a plastic Board for Ā£11.99. But in Italy the Board has to be made from Aluminium ... Bonkers!

Steve

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Our bike rack hangs down from the roof guttering, so any adjustment to thecover takes place at 2.33 metres height, balancing on a pair of steps that jut out onto the A921, so dodging the traffic as well! If I could but juggle 3 oranges at the same time, I could sell tickets for the next performance ...

Have you tracked down a Warning Board? Still looking! Fiamma, Italian company, sell a plastic Board for Ā£11.99. But in Italy the Board has to be made from Aluminium ... Bonkers!

Steve
We have the warning board (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back