Fitting a external lpg filler onto a Panal Van (1 Viewer)

Apr 21, 2015
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1985
Hi All
I have a Peugeot Auto Cruise Rhythm Compact camper,based on the boxer 5.4 mtr base vehicle.
I have a gas flow bottle fitted but last year whilst in Portugal had problems at some petrol stations who would not let me fill it due to me having to open the side sliding door to access the gas locker.
I want to fit a external filler but due to the design of the van I am unable to fit this into the side panal.
Can anybody tell me if anyone has fitted the external filler via a bracket that fits onto the bottom frame of a panal van next to the fresh water drain tap.If so is this a satisfactory way of solving the problem.
I am willing to take it into a dealer to do it.

Regards David

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Don't see why not although the hose would be a bit lower than normal, I fitted mine into the van body as the picture shows.
20180113_142040.jpg

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
Could you not fit one to the rear skirt corner as this gives the option usually of filling from both sides .

Mine is the side of my coachbuild so I find I have to approach the pump from that side .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can anybody tell me if anyone has fitted the external filler via a bracket that fits onto the bottom frame of a panal van next to the fresh water drain tap.If so is this a satisfactory way of solving the problem.
I am willing to take it into a dealer to do it.

Regards David
Yes someone has done it ... below are photos of their install and it never caused them any problems:

dec 2012 008 (2).jpg
maggy cropped.jpg

For my PVC as the gas locker is at the rear I put it in the corner of the rear bumper feeding the pipe out via one of the drop vents and covered the pipe with a piece of hose pipe to stop it getting damaged:

gas filler 2.JPG

gas filler 3.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back