Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
We have no room to fit an enclosed oven in our newly acquired E501, so we want to lower the open shelf in the picture to accommodate the small LIDL oven. It will be turned through 90 degrees! The fixings on the wall are straightforward enough, but the fixing arrangement on the collar on the column is not clear to me. It looks like a dowel pin. Has anyone removed/moved this as I don't want to break anything...

BTW my Army trained (like me) electrician friend came today and between us we undid the work on the EBL 105-3 done by Hopalong Cassidy, installed the Vitrifrigo 115l compressor fridge, and everything is now sweetness and light!
Thanks in advance.
John
20200210_145834[1].jpg

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
We have no room to fit an enclosed oven in our newly acquired E501, so we want to lower the open shelf in the picture to accommodate the small LIDL oven. It will be turned through 90 degrees! The fixings on the wall are straightforward enough, but the fixing arrangement on the collar on the column is not clear to me. It looks like a dowel pin. Has anyone removed/moved this as I don't want to break anything...
Thanks in advance.
John
View attachment 361988

Your going to have to cook a lot of Budgies to get a decent meal,
Can you not get one fitted that takes a chicken , :rofl: :rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

BTW my Army trained (like me) electrician friend came today and between us we undid the work on the EBL 105-3 done by Hopalong Cassidy, installed the Vitrifrigo 115l compressor fridge, and everything is now sweetness and light!
Thanks in advance.
John
View attachment 361988
Can't help with the shelf lowering as I've never had a MH like that but have you checked to ensure that you will have enough room to allow for ventilation when the oven in in use assuming that there are fins on both ends of it? You don't want to go singeing your 'wall'!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Now this is where I sing the praises of a ramoska....?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hope it's not like the one I bought a few years ago, turned it on to check it worked then took it straight back. It was leathal the outsides got so hot you could fry your budgies on it.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I would also say....Remoska!
I have an installed gas oven but when on EHU use the Remoska!
I wouldn’t want that oven sitting there and yes they do get hot!

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Successfully installed, as I have done before in a 42' boat, a caravan and my old Starline 640, despite the 'helpful' comments...:p There is a 22G galvanised steel heat shield above it. Tested for one hour at 180C and whilst there was some convection from the rear panel there was no discernable heat transfer above.
BTW we also have a Remoska, a new Cadac Safari Chef 2 and a portable induction hob, so we won't be using the oven that much where we're going!
John
20200211_142306[1].jpg

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Sorry but I wouldn’t want to see the back of the oven whilst relaxing in the lounge area!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How have you fixed it in place to stop it flying forward into our bonce if you need to do an emergency stop? Or do you put it away when travelling?

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Are you telling me the van comes with no oven?
What type of constructor does that?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
A piece of anodised aluminium from B&Q fixed in place to improve the view from the lounge. New gold velvet curtains installed, wheels sprayed and new hubcaps and the van is now ready to go. It certainly doesn't look 22 years old now!

Trouble is, it went into Spitfire Garage for a full service where it also had new discs, pads, rear drums and shoes fitted, and there it has stayed due to the lockdown. The proprietor has yet to produce an invoice for the work and won't/can't deliver it until he has done so.
I just ordered another case of wine...:cheers:

20200227_151937.jpg
to

20200229_181443.jpg

20200229_182411.jpg

20200304_115936.jpg

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
it does look neat, but! In a crash it will kill the driver, you may have fixed it to the shelf, but the shelf is only fixed to the side wall made of polystyrene, with three screws

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
it does look neat, but! In a crash it will kill the driver, you may have fixed it to the shelf, but the shelf is only fixed to the side wall made of polystyrene, with three screws

Same fixing method as the cupboards, with a substantial steel tube from countertop to the ceiling, and we are LHD...:Grin:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Are you telling me the van comes with no oven?
What type of constructor does that?
About 90% of all Motorhomes made don't have an oven as standard.
Normally only found in Brit built vans, I think it is to dry out the water ingress. :ROFLMAO:

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
John, you should take a look at the IHMotorhomes site, in their new S4 model they have installed a worktop oven, it’s a gas one and looks very well installed. Can’t see from the photos how they have addressed Eddie’s point re safety but there is a partition to stop it moving forwards in a crash, is it strong enough, hmmm .....
Bill

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
:notworthy:
John, you should take a look at the IHMotorhomes site, in their new S4 model they have installed a worktop oven, it’s a gas one and looks very well installed. Can’t see from the photos how they have addressed Eddie’s point re safety but there is a partition to stop it moving forwards in a crash, is it strong enough, hmmm .....
Bill

My apo!ogies Bill. I should have informed the world at large that as we spend just about all our time in Euro campsites,for up to a month at a time, I'll be putting it in the wardrobe when we are travelling...:giggle:
John

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
:notworthy:

My apo!ogies Bill. I should have informed the world at large that as we spend just about all our time in Euro campsites,for up to a month at a time, I'll be putting it in the wardrobe when we are travelling...:giggle:
John
(y)(y)

LOL that does make a huge difference

I wasn‘t trying to be a knob, but this repost may explain my worries
On a coach I can walk around, use the loo, or go to the bar for a drink

We currently drive a 32' RV that weighs 12 ton, so I really don't see the difference.

John Symons a mate of mine (inventor of Airide air bags and original SOG importer) was left for dead after his Pilote was hit by a milk lorry a few years ago, and everything including their two dogs went through the windscreen area!

Fridge, oven, cupboards, Thetford, the lot shot over his shoulders, leaving him a bloody mess outside the van, unable to move listening to the para medics say, "He's obviously dead leave him" see to the other driver!

He did make a full recovery !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back