How about these John:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

camper69

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
North Bucks
Funster No
Exp
Looking at safes; reading through the thread and just saw this.

Oh dear, now you haven't any theft insurance on your van at all. Vehicle itself or its contents. Same for any vehicle you insure in the UK - no theft cover if they keys are in or on the vehicle.

Read your policy!!! - don't take my word for it - I'm only an International Corporate Insurance Broker.*

* clerk who can say, Hello, Can I speak to someone who speaks English, please? in more than one modern language ...... lol

As you say read your policy. For instance Safeguard allow you to keep a spare set of keys in the van as long as they are in a safe.

Derek

winchman

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Funster No
Fit a safe with a few quid in it and a few worthless documents, then hide your stuff well, they will go for the safe every time so make it small and easy ish to remove then they will run off and open it at ther leisure to find £10 and your stuff should be ok as it wasnt in the obvious place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
easy ish to remove then they will run off and open it at ther leisure to find £10 and your stuff should be ok as it wasnt in the obvious place.

You've confused the sacrificial wallet with sacrificial safe. If they are going to open the safe later you may as well put used toilet paper in there.

Now, should that have been terminated with a smiley ? It was factual but light hearted so which smiley conveys factual but light hearted ?

Certainly not :ROFLMAO: which is only appropriate for praising someone else's excellent humour, to laugh at one's own joke is not on.

Definitely not ::bigsmile:, that is a real smug git smiley in this context.

Maybe :Smile:

Could be :winky:

Nah, I'll stick with :)

winchman

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Funster No
The reason for the docs and a small amount of cash is when they run away and open it they get something, if they see it as a con they will return as obviously you have some thing hidded elswere.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The reason for the docs and a small amount of cash is when they run away and open it they get something, if they see it as a con they will return as obviously you have some thing hidded elswere.

I stand corrected Sir.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

winchman

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Funster No
I was told about this as if you get help up at gunpoint you can give them something but the good stuff is in another safe.
Most robbers run once they have something they see as valuable, stick in a broken digital camera, few quid in cash, even a made up insurance cert for the vehicle, it all makes them think they have got the good stuff.
You still get the mess and hassle but you keep your valuables, thats the important thing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back