'Fitted Safe' for inside the van? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I just read my insurance documents and they state that the van will not be insured if keys are carried inside without being in a fixed safe.

Getting ready for France (aren't we all? lol) I'm wondering if a small safe would be a good idea.

Can anyone recommend or advise what to look for please?

Many thanks :Smile:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I just read my insurance documents and they state that the van will not be insured if keys are carried inside without being in a fixed safe.

Getting ready for France (aren't we all? lol) I'm wondering if a small safe would be a good idea.

Can anyone recommend or advise what to look for please?

Many thanks :Smile:

Make sure it is electronic, or you'll have to carry the key for that as well. Check if your insurance requires a particular British Standard or something. Other than that, just choose one big enough for what you want to put in it. (i.e. passports, keys, laptop?).

Remember that large ones require more money and space. Consider a fire proof one if you want to get your passports back after a fire and you have lots of cash...

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Aldis are currently selling a small safe suitable for passports/cards and cash. Place it under a seat and wrapped around a metal seatbealt support of similar. It will be adequate for your needs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Took up a fair bit of payload and not got a lot of cash left now and
Some might say over kill but
Theyv'e not seen Pammies handbag:RollEyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 70
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I bought a small safe from Screwfix which I then bolted into my Adria. It is just big enough to take wife's ipad and my Asus tablet as well as cash, passports etc. Cost about £35 from memory, plus a bit more for coachbolts.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
whatever you buy, avoid the cheap digital keypad safes. as ive posted before, they can be opened in seconds without damage or special tools:thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We've not got a safe-but it must give you great 'peace of mind' on the day you lock yourselves out-the knowledge that your insurance hasn't been invalidated,cos the spare keys are safely locked away in the van :thumb:

Mike

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
These are good bolted in a hidden location underneath the van
Broken Link Removed

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We bought a great little digital safe from Maplins which is bolted under one of the seats. It holds my camera, Ipad and all our documents and money etc. It seems really strong and secure and it's nice to have that peace of mind ::bigsmile:

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
We bought a great little digital safe from Maplins which is bolted under one of the seats. It holds my camera, Ipad and all our documents and money etc. It seems really strong and secure and it's nice to have that peace of mind ::bigsmile:
ye well done nice and safe only the whole world know now:ROFLMAO:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have one if these under a seat fixed to the seat mounts.. Works well for us and we keep passports extra cash etc in it.
Link Removed
They have some quite good products

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Well I trust the Funsters but can I trust the man that bolted it in place!! Did you sneak a peek when we set the code?? :ROFLMAO:
dont need the code if you know how they work, and thieves use google too and have seen the videos of how to open them in seconds

just one way of many to do it
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWY5ZoAYcSs"]How to open Digital safe without key. - YouTube[/ame]

these safes are as safe as a biscuit tin if you know the facts

always buy a quality safe with a security key. and bolt them to the chassis through the floor or through the steel floor in the cab beneath the seats. otherwise you can just pull them out of the plywood floor

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back