Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Heading down to the Loire July/August, would like to cast a line here and there. Can anyone advise on method/bait likely fish etc
Thanks in advance
Jim

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If you are course fishing the low lands then expect the same as rivers in England, there will be roach, perch, pike, bream, tench, carp and a few barbel... corn works well and I've caught on pellet... you will need a licence for the region your are in and can get them from the Marie or a tackle shop... tight lines....(y)

Reactions: DBK
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Water level will be low then. I usually use a grain of sweetcorn on a 14, and a light lead, plenty of Chub, a few Bream. I assume you are talking about the river, not the region.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Wait till you see price of licence
We where told if police catch you without one it's a fine and they take all your tackle
Needless to say I ignored it and lived to tell the tale (so far)
Tips
Maggots (decathlon bit pricey)
Worm
Corn
Luncheon meat
I caught loads of smallish cat fish on sweet corn
Enjoy

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Jim lea

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Great - thanks for your help all, just what I was after. Yes, it was the river, not the region
All the best

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Licence i think is 90 euros annually. 30 euros for a week. for all France .Just caught a nice little catfish 40lb lol on the river Aisne in Piccardi.The last cast before coming home.

Reactions: f6c

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
As we move around a lot on the rivers I tend to use spinners and lures as I can cover a lot of water quickly and as my fishing time is limited this works well. Usually 3lb line and a fairly light rod. If I have more time then the fly rod comes out, mainly dry and if I'm feeling brave then a nymph.

The Loire is a pretty big river and as people mentioned there's most fish in there.

I try to buy my license at the fishing shop rather than at the newsagent as you can get some good info there. For flies I often take my bag in and get laughed at but then usually pointed in the right direction.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not the Loire but the Seine have seen very large bream, roach & carp pulled out at La Mailleraye sur Seine. Also had a 5lb carp out on floating bread about 6" from the bank.
Joe

OP
OP
Jim lea

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
As we move around a lot on the rivers I tend to use spinners and lures as I can cover a lot of water quickly and as my fishing time is limited this works well. Usually 3lb line and a fairly light rod. If I have more time then the fly rod comes out, mainly dry and if I'm feeling brave then a nymph.

The Loire is a pretty big river and as people mentioned there's most fish in there.

I try to buy my license at the fishing shop rather than at the newsagent as you can get some good info there. For flies I often take my bag in and get laughed at but then usually pointed in the right direction.

Have you had much joy with spinning on the Loire as it makes things a lot easier just carrying spinning rod/lures etc ?

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I enjoy fishing the a River Loir (no E on the end of it's name, a tributary of the Loire) at Durtal next to the campsite. Huge Bream, Tench and nice Chub but forget fishing during the day, it's best first thing in the morning after prebaiting your swim or as it gets dark. You can't night fish in most places in France but the witching hour can be superb.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back