fishing meet--october 14th--17th (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just heard that the weather for this meet is going to be fantastic so no need for brollies only sun parasols lolol

Is a fishing licence needed please if so where do you get this from?

Kath

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Just heard that the weather for this meet is going to be fantastic so no need for brollies only sun parasols lolol

Is a fishing licence needed please if so where do you get this from?

Kath
yes kath! a rod licence is needed for all course fishing,i will find a link so it can be done over the internet:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Mr RR you have only recently got back on my Pimms list you are getting lower by the sec on it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And you Mr G are getting near too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for info Chris :thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Mr RR you have only recently got back on my Pimms list you are getting lower by the sec on it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And you Mr G are getting near too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for info Chris :thumb:
its not your Pimms list im worried about:ROFLMAO:
its johns 'Magners' list im worried about:thumb::ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Seen you can buy rod licence online , will there be fishing only on Sunday or all w/e (not sure which licence to get ,a 1day or 8day )

:reel::reel::reel:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Seen you can buy rod licence online , will there be fishing only on Sunday or all w/e (not sure which licence to get ,a 1day or 8day )

:reel::reel::reel:
You can fish for the whole meet,friday to monday:thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Hi Chris are we parked on the top field or down by the fishing lakes ??:thumb:
when i booked it i asked to be by the lakes,i will be going over there this week,so will confirm later in the week:thumb:
i would prefer parking by the lakes, what do you think:Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
By the Lakes

Right, got the jet ski on the hook that'll make the anglers happy............:ROFLMAO:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
when i booked it i asked to be by the lakes,i will be going over there this week,so will confirm later in the week:thumb:
i would prefer parking by the lakes, what do you think:Smile:

We definatly need to be by the lakes , it's to far to walk down with all our stuff if were on the top field :thumb:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Can you please add us to the list

Thanks

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
done:thumb:

list update

list so far
chrisgreen---chris&fran
simba8----jenny&bill
liverpool-----paul&sue
ash------steve&lynn
sparky-speedy----deb&paul
mandymoss2000----mandy,martin&kirsty
jim-------jim&sian
champers-----kath&john
littlehouse------liz&clive
capinpugwash---stuart
griff-----paul&jackie
monsi-----brian&lisa- ?
C.L.S------

looking like its going to be a good meet:thumb:
anymore want to join us:thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
the address and a few review's
fir tree caravan site
Warmington
Banbury
Oxfordshire
OX17 1JL<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="640">Reviewer: Shizzi (2) Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit: Touring Caravan

We stumbled upon this gem of a campsite and what a find! This site is well away from the main road so is very peaceful however access is very steep so a suitable vehicle is advisable.

The views from the upper area are fantastic and look out over the valley.

We stayed on the lower area overlooking the lake, lovely hardstandings for caravans with water and bins never far from each pitch. The toilet block is clean and tidy, accessible with a key from the wardens at a refundable price of £5.

The dog walking field is very big and safe for allowing dogs off the lead. A bin is provided for waste.

The surrounding area is has some lovely walks, the countryside is wonderful.

We can't wait to go back! </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="640"> <hr>Reviewer: Himb (1) Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit: Touring Caravan

This is a beautiful site with very picturesque views. The site has very clean toilets and shower facilities, a lodge and a snack shop.

The proprietors are very friendly and campers receive a really warm welcome. Visitors can have snacks and drinks in the Canada bench areas overlooking the valley and fishing lake.

You really do feel like you right away from all the hustle and bustle here. We have stayed several times now and love it! It's wonderful to see the birds of prey too and learn all about them. You can see the birds being flown and even hear a wild barn owl calling to their own barn owl!

There are beautiful walks across the rolling countryside to little village pubs and the reservoir and the site is also near the herb centre. It is a quiet site with no motorways or even houses to spoil the views.

The sunsets are stunning, and, without the light pollution, the star lit skies are awesome!

My family and I would highly recommend this gem of a camping and caravanning site and we are hoping to return many times. </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="640"> <hr>Reviewer: The Chadwicks (1) Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit: Tent

We really love this site. It's situated in stunning countryside and has lots of space for energetic kids to run around! Younger ones will need more of a close eye with the water on site perhaps. Some of the tent pitches are on a slope but we managed to find a fairly even place.

There aren't many facilities (which suits us just fine) but what there are, are very clean and up to date.

The owners are very friendly and we are eternally grateful for their help when we had a tent pole malfunction! They helped to turn a disaster into an alternative adventure which the kids loved.

All in all a great place to while a way a long summer night. </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="640"> <hr>Reviewer: Anonandon (2) Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit: Tent

Really lovely campsite with fantastic views. It wasn't particularly busy when we visited - perhaps because the next weekend is a bank holiday. There was plenty of room to pitch our tents on a flat grassy area.

The toilets and showers were very clean and a key to use them was available subject to a £5 deposit which was refunded when we returned the key.

The site also has a falconry centre and we were able to see a couple of the owls when we were walking past the reception area. I think it was £3.50 to go into the falconry centre which we wanted to do but ran out of time - we will definitely be coming back to this site though so we'll do it then.

There is a small lake in the centre of the site and you can fish here. I think that there is also clay pigeon shooting nearby.

All in all, a great site that is well worth a visit. We were a bit unlucky with the weather - extremely windy - but this didn't spoil a fantastic weekend. </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="640"> <hr>Reviewer: Lancecoyle (1) Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit: Touring Caravan

Went with wife and two boys and Mum and Dad in two caravans.

Arrived at site and was surprised at how steep the hill is down to the lower level, but once down what a place.

The Warden was very helpful and as it was fairly empty we could pick where we wanted to pitch up.

The Shower block is being renovated and only 2 shower/ Toilet cubicles were open, this was fine during the first 5 days, but when the bank holiday arrivals turned up they opened a third.

Was very busy and having to wait for a loo in the morning was not fun.

When leaving on the Saturday I was alright getting out up the Hill but my Dad got stuck and the warden had to tow him up, no problems and was so helpful.

All in all a great week and we will be definitely going back </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="640"> <hr>Reviewer: Peachesandclive (9) Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit: Touring Caravan

Just returned from a great bank holiday weekend at Fir Tree farm.

The best pitches are beside the lake, so I would suggest you ask for a pitch in the lower section on booking. The only downside to this is the steep access road to this section - it makes leaving difficult if you are towing but the owner is happy to tow you up with his 4x4 if need be.

The fishing is great - lots of success! But be warned, you have to pay each day and you do need a licence. And although U12s don't need a fishing licence, they must be accompanied by an adult who has one.

The toilet and showers were spotless and hot water was in abundance.

Our children enjoyed the falconry, making repeated visits over the weekend.

We found the owners quite officious, but not unpleasant.

All in all a cracking site and one to which we will return.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
just a reminder of the address,for this meet:thumb:
if anyone else want's to come along,just turn up and tell the warden you are with motorhomefun:thumb:
fees for this is £10 per unit per night inc ehu,and £5 per day for the fishing:thumb:
i will be arriveing some time today:thumb:
when you arrive,drive into the gateway and past the farm, right to the bottom of the road and the site is on your right:thumb:
just checked the weather for this area,and its looking good.and saturday look's great with a lot of sunshine.:thumb:

fir tree caravan site
Warmington
Banbury
Oxfordshire
OX17 1JL

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Weather looking good for this meet

:sin::thumb::sin::thumb::sin:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
the guy has just rung me about this meet,and has just informed me that its £15 a night if less than ten vans turn up:Eeek:
pi**ed me of a bit,the women i spoke to(twice)never mentioned that, just said its a tenner with ehu,so we have 10 on the list as 3 have dropped out,so if only 9 turn up its going to cost each van another £5 a night.
im on the point of telling them not to bother,and canceling the whole thing,i dont like being mugged off:Angry:your thought's please?
and please let me know if you cannot make it.:thumb:

list update

list so far
chrisgreen---chris&fran
simba8----jenny&bill
liverpool-----paul&sue
sparky-speedy----deb&paul
jim-------jim&sian
champers-----kath&john
littlehouse------liz&clive
griff-----paul&jackie
monsi-----brian&lisa- ?
C.L.S------

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Your call Chris, let me know what's happening as I will be in Oxford tonight anyway, popping in to drink a Jamesons or two with the old lady:thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i will still be going jim:thumb:
just pi**ed me off that the guy comes out with that on the day before the meet,it's not the £5 it's just the feeling im being mugged off:Angry:
but at £15 a night with ehu aint bad and the weather's looking good:thumb:
say hello to your mum for me.

Sheriff

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 3, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 yrs
Chris it shows including yourself 10 vans wouldnt that be enough

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
yes john ten would be enough but if one drop's out, it bump's it up for the rest by a fiver a night:cry:

Sorry Chris ....::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

it was Kath posting on Johns puter - that had ya :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Think positive no one else will drop out of this great fishing w/e especially with the fabulous weather i think some extra's will turn up

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Sorry Chris ....::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

it was Kath posting on Johns puter - that had ya :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Think positive no one else will drop out of this great fishing w/e especially with the fabulous weather i think some extra's will turn up

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
you could be right:thumb:
and looking at the weather,it look's like oxfordshire is going to get the sun most of the weekend:thumb:
and if the ladies are unsure about comeing, Fran(s.w.m.b.o)is laying on a taxi service into banbury,on sat morning so you can look around this historic town and of course do a bit of shopping:thumb:
come on folks its going to be a nice weekend,might be the last one this year?:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back