Fishing meet- may 2009 - bullock farm, Somerset (1 Viewer)

H

hannah29

Deleted User
Hi All,

Due to the success and increasing interest in the fishing weekends I thought I would get in early and arrange for a meet in May next year.

I am aiming for the late May Bank Holiday weekend. The meet would start on Friday 22nd May and run until at least Monday 25th but could be extended on into the week if there is enought interest.

I am currently in discussion with a venue in Somerset as shown below:

Bullock Farm Fishing Lakes

They have a rally field that we can use and I will assess with them the number of spaces they can make available.

There are some facilities on the site as described:

The Campsite...

Our 2-acre campsite can accommodate up to 5 caravans plus tents and is set in our 12-acre field adjacent to our well established fishing lakes, recently voted in the top 100 fisheries in the UK by the Angler’s Mail & Angling Times. We offer usual facilities of drinking water and chemical disposal point and our newly refurbished showers and toilets are are situated in the fishing car park. Refreshments are available daily from our on-site café. We do not have electric hook ups.

The fishing is excellent and there are many lakes to choose from - depending on numbers we can have a whole lake to ourselves. I was looking for a venue where more of us can catch at least something and this place should fit the bill.

Plans for the weekend - well it is a long way off so these will develop over the next few months (we have a lot of work to do to match the work put in by Alan last weekend) - but we will do our best to make sure that there is something for everyone to do and we will try to get kids involved as much as possible. We plan to hold the fishing match over two days - a five hour match on the Saturday and the Sunday with post days counting towards the overall result - we would also like to hold a junior MHFers fishing match over a couple of hours on the Sunday morning.

In the short term leave us a message to signify your interest and we will keep you informed of progress over the coming weeks.

Seagull and hannah

T

tanky

Deleted User
Put me down,never been to Somerset were the cider apples grow:thumb:

OP
OP
H

hannah29

Deleted User
tis good stuff....i will personally make sure we have plenty :winky:
hannah

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

seagull

Deleted User
A visit to Thatchers before the meet might be in order - they are very close by...

T

tanky

Deleted User
whats Thatcher's

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well im not going round Margarets house in my van!!!::bigsmile:

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
hi
well im definatly in for this i just need to make a bigger trophy cabinet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
alan

S

seagull

Deleted User
Alan,

You might have more chance of getting in the frame here without the pressure of organising the rest of the weekend activities....

I am off for a practice session there as soon as it can be arranged.

Seagull

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Definetly up for this one ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: Keep us informed of developments

Mark & Shaz

S

seagull

Deleted User
any comment on the proposed venue.....?

i have a couple of alternatives but Bullock farm is my preference.

Seagull

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Sounds good to me, but will depend on our return date from "THE SOUTH" no set return date yet but provisionally YES book Keith & Jean in. :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
H

hannah29

Deleted User
We would be interested (especially in the Thatchers bit) Not sure if we will fish though.

Sonja

hey i am only doing the thatchers bit!!! i despise fish!!!!

S

seagull

Deleted User
Update

I have just spoke to Phil, the owner of Bullock Farm and we have the go-ahead for this meet / rally.

We have no real limit as to the number of attendees as the field could take 80+ units and I cannot see us getting this many. The more the merrier though.

Dates confirmed as 22nd - 25th May 2009 although it could be extended into the following week if we get a few that want to stay on.

We are allowed dogs but we have to clear up behind them and they are not allowed to go to the fishing lakes.

No electric hook ups at all.

Plans for the weekend will evolve over the coming months but we will have a fishing match covering two 5 hour fishing sessions and there will be a junior match as well.

We will try to sort a community tent as well - we'll keep you informed.

Any ideas / requests for additional entertainment gratefully received as well as any volunteers for assistance with organising.

Can anyone with the knowledge please change the title of this thread to include the dates and rough location or tell me what to do....

Thanks

Seagull

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Great to see another meet is being put together:thumb:
Not sure a 2 day comp is the way to go, surely many will be there for just the weekend and be wanting to be getting away on the Sunday.
Just my thoughts on it.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Not sure a 2 day comp is the way to go, surely many will be there for just the weekend and be wanting to be getting away on the Sunday.
Just my thoughts on it.

No Diablo. Its a two day compettion but we tell Robbie that its a 2 hour competition. Henc egiving us the time to catch the fish before he even starts.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
H

hannah29

Deleted User
Just my thoughts on it.

some people may wish too but as its a bank holiday weekend my guess is most will stay on till the monday
hannah

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
fishing

can you put our names down ,we will be staying till monday
lisa & brian :thumb:

Last edited:

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
gary
can you put my name down and as its a 2 day match i'm telling ROBBIE to arrive sunday for the match :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
alan

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi,

I'm a newbie to motorhomes, I've never been to a meet before and I've never fished in a match before!! BUT theres a first time for everything so please add my name to the list of those attending.

Thank you.

Robert

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Any news on if this is going to happen?

I need to get organised with some holiday, not sure I can make it till The Sunday as in Bucherest till Wednesday,
If not is anyone doing any fishing meets this year?
:thumb:

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I have today spoken to Jude Simmons at Bullock Farm and they do not have a confirmed booking from anyone for the Rally Field, but have a provisional booking for 2 days of fishing on one of the lakes with just a telephone number as point of contact. They have tried to contact this number but it is unobtainable. They did not know of Motorhomefun forum!!

They require urgent confirmation if this is to go ahead, which given the lack of contact from Hannah/Seagull since October seems unlikely.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Er - I may be totally wrong here - and I'm sorry if I am but..

I had heard that this was initially a joint venture between Fun and Facts and it was now cancelled as far as Fun were concerned - something to do with insurance???

Contact Ash - he knows a little bit more on this I think

Once again, sorry if I am talking about the wrong meet.

Pammy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Last time I looked at the calander on the old sever it did say meet cancelled it now no longer appears in the calender at all, so you may be riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhh:whatthe: no cant say it
GXX

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Thank you Pammy and Geo.

As I said when I "booked" in December on to this meet I am a newbie and this was to be my first time. If a meet is cancelled why isn't it posted on the tread or the thread removed. I spoke to Jim only last week at Peterborogh and he was not aware of what was happening.

Now all I have to do is find somewhwere to visit over those four days in the Somerset area.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Carpy
yes its a great shame the decision to cancel was not posted on the original thread and made more public, I believe negotiations were underway right up till the last minuet, maybe thats why:Sad:
I suspect and it is only a suspicion that the powers that be on the other side were not happy at a joint function between themselves and FUN, The last joint fishing meet was a great success so I imagine that it made them afraid of loosing more members to the FREE FUN site:thumb:
Insurance issues were in my opinion a smoke screen, and I can only assume rightly or wrongly that the original posters/organisers were swayed by non friendly fire :Doh:untill you posted, i had thought it would have gone ahead with just the others, excluding any FUN members
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back