C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
We are planning a fun weekend incorporating a fishing competition.
Campsite : http://www.hoar-park.co.uk/
Date : 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th September
Fishing venue : Link Removed

The weekend is being organised by C.L.S and DMS , briefly Hoar park has something for everyone including ,craft shops , resturant/bar , childrens farm and playground , garden centre ...etc Located between Nuneaton and Birmingham set in fantastic countryside. Opposite the site on a Sunday is one of the largest carboot sales in the Midlands (weather permitting.

Fishing is not compulsary , plenty of other things to see and do.......

The campsite has a few hardstandings should the weather not be kind , fresh water and Elsan point (no hookups) plenty of room for everyone.

There are 2 lakes approximately 1.5 Acres and 3/4 Acre, both are stocked with a mixture of course fish including Carp to 21lb, Tench, Roach, Bream,Gudgeon and Rudd.
The Lakes are set amongst some stunning rolling countryside with 360 degree views of fields and forest. Depending on numbers we can have bothg lakes for the competition. Shay who runs the fishery has now got his certificate / badge to coach fishing so if anyone wants a lesson this can be arranged (Not you Alan (DMS) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) Refreshments , breakfasts can be delivered to your peg if required. Shay will oversee the competition and will weigh all fish and catches.

Thursday 16th : For those who want to arrive early (may be to practise fishing :roflmto:) opens 1.00pm

Friday 17th : We have the Barn booked for the weekend , Friday night is Quiz night (with a twist) , bring your own refreshments and nibbles , the weather can,t spoil our FUN :Smile:

Saturday 18th : Fishing competition between 10.00am and 3.00pm . For those not fishing and who fancy some retail therapy , Direct Taxis ( Link Removed) can arrange a minibus to Birmingham or Coventry for a shopping expedition ( Price dependant on numbers )

Saturday evening we have a Race night , Race nights give you all the excitement of the races without losing all your money ::bigsmile:. You are able to bet on a race from the comfort of your own seat , we will also be having an American type supper .

Sunday 19th : Massive carboot opposite campsite for bargains galore

No doubt we will come up with more ideas before the weekend arrives :roflmto: :winky:

Pitch £7.50 per night incl. use of the Barn and entertainment

Fishing £5.00 per peg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It doesn't take me 4 days.

Drive to local chippy, buy fish 'n' chips, drive home.

20 mins tops.

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
CLS (mark)..
i won't tell anyone that you are currently taking a course of lessons!!! honestly:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
i might just have to sit this match out to give you a chance......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Alan

OH and for anyone who was at the last match.. ROBBIE is BANNED !!!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Oh what a shame, I love supporting meets and this one sounds like it will be great, in fact if its half as good as the last fishing meet or the Robbie meet as its now known it will be a blast.
However, its the weekend of the Bath comedy walk and we are down to attend and I promised JJ I would heckle him :cry:

OP
OP
C.L.S

C.L.S

Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Thats a shame Paul , I have seen you fish and DMS could have had some competition :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunatly it was the only weekend that the barn was available , with the great British weather we thought it was a must :Smile: to have an undercover venue

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Mark, Please put us down for this one.

Hope you get enough to make it worthwhile. Are you wanting a minimum number?

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
HI Keith
i have added you to the list of attendees and look forward to seeing you..

As for the fishing match there will be the usual trophy ect for the winner...
and please try and remember to bring your keepnets with you, As you WILL need them.
anyone that does not have any fishing tackle or keepnets please let me know and we will obtain them for you on loan..
regards
alan

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
robert
i have added you to the list.
alan

OP
OP
C.L.S

C.L.S

Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
This really is an easy venue to fish, almost overstocked , my lad Daniel has been fishing there this afternoon and had over 40 fish on the bank. So Alan (DMS) Hopefully should catch something :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mark

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
mark CLS
i take it daniel was fishing whilst you was having your lessons :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
alan

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
H sloberdoberbob "bob & sue"
ive added you to the list of attendees, and look forward to meeting you.
alan:Cool:

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I'm sorry but I have to withdraw from this meet as I have just found out that our annual family get together is on the same week-end.

Tight lines.

Robert

OP
OP
C.L.S

C.L.S

Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Change of dates

UPDATE........UPDATE.........UPDATE

Due to the original dates in September clashing with several other events we have changed the dates to : Sept 30th (Thursday) October 1st (Friday) 2nd (Saturday) 3rd (Sunday) Everything else remains the same , hopefully this is more conveniant for everybody

Plus it gives Alan (DMS) another week to practice his fishing :ROFLMAO:

Mark

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We are interested in the meet :thumb: (but not in the fishing! :thumbdown:) and would like you to put us on the list.

I need to confirm with work though and may not be able to confirm until early September if we will arrive Friday or Saturday. Is that a problem?

Robin, Hilary and James. (plus the cats :winky:)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
ROOGA BOOGA

Put me down as a provisional. Cant fully commit yet as its Georges birthday on the 2nd, but will know soon.

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
ok
meanders i have added you to the list of attendees just let me know a little closer to the time.

haganap consider yourself added too mate. just leave the dressingown at home this time.::bigsmile:

pinkgin

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto
Exp
15 + years,
ok
meanders i have added you to the list of attendees just let me know a little closer to the time.

haganap consider yourself added too mate. just leave the dressingown at home this time.::bigsmile:

Aww, but I've bought him a nice silky one for next time!!!

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
ok a pink dressinggown for paul then, but mark had better hide the jack daniels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
alan

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
With the new date, I can do this now.

put me on the list please.
Not into fishing though.

Do i need to book with Hoar Park, or is this sufficient?

Peter

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
hi peter h
ive added you to the list of attendees.
as for booking the site, the whole site is booked to us so no need to contact them just turn up on the day and someone will collect the site fee's over the weekend.
regards
alan

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hi Alan

Please may I come for the shopping? Is it within walking distance of the campsite?

I presume the men will be cooking their catches for dinner? :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so how many of us now?

We are planning a fun weekend incorporating a fishing competition.
Campsite : http://www.hoar-park.co.uk/
Date : 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th September
Fishing venue : Link Removed

The weekend is being organised by C.L.S and DMS , briefly Hoar park has something for everyone including ,craft shops , resturant/bar , childrens farm and playground , garden centre ...etc Located between Nuneaton and Birmingham set in fantastic countryside. Opposite the site on a Sunday is one of the largest carboot sales in the Midlands (weather permitting.

Fishing is not compulsary , plenty of other things to see and do.......

The campsite has a few hardstandings should the weather not be kind , fresh water and Elsan point (no hookups) plenty of room for everyone.

There are 2 lakes approximately 1.5 Acres and 3/4 Acre, both are stocked with a mixture of course fish including Carp to 21lb, Tench, Roach, Bream,Gudgeon and Rudd.
The Lakes are set amongst some stunning rolling countryside with 360 degree views of fields and forest. Depending on numbers we can have bothg lakes for the competition. Shay who runs the fishery has now got his certificate / badge to coach fishing so if anyone wants a lesson this can be arranged (Not you Alan (DMS) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) Refreshments , breakfasts can be delivered to your peg if required. Shay will oversee the competition and will weigh all fish and catches.

Thursday 16th : For those who want to arrive early (may be to practise fishing :roflmto:) opens 1.00pm

Friday 17th : We have the Barn booked for the weekend , Friday night is Quiz night (with a twist) , bring your own refreshments and nibbles , the weather can,t spoil our FUN :Smile:

Saturday 18th : Fishing competition between 10.00am and 3.00pm . For those not fishing and who fancy some retail therapy , Direct Taxis ( Link Removed) can arrange a minibus to Birmingham or Coventry for a shopping expedition ( Price dependant on numbers )

Saturday evening we have a Race night , Race nights give you all the excitement of the races without losing all your money ::bigsmile:. You are able to bet on a race from the comfort of your own seat , we will also be having an American type supper .

Sunday 19th : Massive carboot opposite campsite for bargains galore

No doubt we will come up with more ideas before the weekend arrives :roflmto: :winky:

Pitch £7.50 per night incl. use of the Barn and entertainment

Fishing £5.00 per peg

So how many of us are there now?

Bob

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
So how many of us are there now?

Bob

Check out the link on the home page - not up to date yet but I'm sure mark will do it soon. :thumb:

How about it Robert? Can you make it now?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hey guys, I have just noticed that this meet is being advertised on other motorhome forums as an informal meet. Is this on a site or a rally field?

If this is happening anywhere other than on a licensed site where individuals enter into a contract with the landowner then an exemption will be needed by the landowner. If you need one, who's exemption are you planning to use? Unfortunately our exemption (like every other) expressly forbids rallies with other clubs unless they have affiliation to each other written into their constitution.

More than one club together negates the exemption and my insurance:whatthe:. Our rally insurance is tied to the exemption and valid only for motorhomefun subscribers.

Can someone let me know exactly what is happening with this one. Cheers:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Jim;317592Our rally insurance is tied to the exemption and valid only for motorhomefun subscribers. :Smile:[/QUOTE said:
I read here of more future problems, does this mean only subscribers can attend rallies and shows? How will potential members get to know us.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
More problems???

Rally insurance premiums are based upon the number of rallying members in a club. I could not afford the 13000 member option so opted for the smaller subscriber group.:Cool: Only subscribers can attend rallies where our exemption is being used.

Shows and meets on caravan sites do not use the exemption, that said, only subscribers can post in the Rallies forums so unless you are a subscriber you cannot book on a rally.

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Check out the link on the home page - not up to date yet but I'm sure mark will do it soon. :thumb:

How about it Robert? Can you make it now?

Yes I can now make the new dates so put me down as attending.

Robert.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back