"Firstly"............. Grateful Thanks to........ (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Congratulations to you all! A job well done! ...............does it have an indoor pool? :rofl:

Craig

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Is there a discount for putting up with corny jokes?.......... If not, never mind.... looks brill...... plenty good times ahead, Well done Mo and family. xxxx :D

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Now all I have to do is work out where Dorchester is near, I thought at first it was Doncaster, then got my specs.
I'm sure it's great if I ever work out where it is
Dorchester, where the Hardy folk live. :)

http://visit-dorchester.co.uk

You can also visit the Cerne Abbas Giant down that way. They think it's very old but I suspect it is just a self-portrait Old-Mo made one night when no one was looking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
CFLs can be open to all or just members only. Entirely up to the owner.

You learn something new every day...

I thought it was only certificated for "Motorhomefun" members "Only"...

Even so, other than the two tuggers who stopped the other night, and I have already told them they can stop if they wished on the way back home to Henley ...

We really only want Fun members .... All we have met we know and trust... if it was thrown open to anybody, who knows... :rollingeyes:

Any one asking to stay........ If they are willing to sign up and pay the membership fee first and on the day, will be made most welcome.. (y)

As some one has asked............. Now the nasty bit... nightly "Fee`s".... :Eeek:

Revision on "Fee`s" taking place, sorry.., of which there are only two at the moment, and they are only 6amp.. (Sorry, the cost of running and putting in 13amp trip post`s was extortionate, and we would have had to beef up the armoured cable from the house consumer unit.. :blush:)

Over the next couple of weeks we are going to install a quadruple sat dish and LNB.... so those who like SKY TV and have a box can just plug into the box.. (y)

Also, by arrangement there will be made available a "shower" (Wet Room)... for disabled and infirm only, Free..

As in first post Wednesday night I will put a thread on about the area, out and about and the facilities on offer..

:glitter: For the interest.. :notworthy2:

Last edited:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Looks fab! Congratulations . Def on our "to do " list x

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Crickey Bll said right he is moving on permanently at those prices Mo lol

Not out to make money Kate.... all money will go towards planting etc...

Judy has planted 150 Box hedge bushes down the roadside, be a few years before they come to much, but it`s a start..

And where the hard standing is I have planted a row of conifers to set up a bit of a barrier for guests privacy.. (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Mo, I know you are not doing this for the cash, but you will have outlay. You will be charged business rates for the CL and you'll need insurance. somewhere between £7 and £10 without leccy and you should charge at least a fiver for leccy, maybe more in winter. This will cover your costs.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
20160807_160803.jpg

20160807_160542.jpg

They're on their way Old Mo...

JJ :cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Can one use more than £2 worth of EHU overnight Jim... it`s only 6amp..

I've no idea Mo, I know @scotjimland did some calculations a while ago and it seemed some people were using more leccy than the pitch fee, or maybe my recollection is poor. Should be easy to work out for people cleverer than me. Remember that in winter plenty will have a heater on all night.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Most commercial sites seem to charge around £3 more per night for an electric pitch but if heating could be run off a 6 amp supply (?) then you could be out of pocket in colder months. Maybe start with an introductory rate that you feel happy with & monitor how your electric consumption increases with the usage on the pitches?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Revision on "Fee`s" taking place, sorry..
Good!
You may not be trying to make a huge profit Mo, but you've had a heck of an outlay and you do need to try to recover some of this as well as cover your running costs. Your generosity is legendary, but you do need to look after yourself too :)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Nice one Mo, how far from S Cornwall are you?
We are there over Xmas, if not too far may call in.
Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Nice one Mo, how far from S Cornwall are you?
We are there over Xmas, if not too far may call in.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Just outside the County Town of Dorchester...

If you google Hardys Monument or Martinstown we are just below Hardys Monument going towards Martinstown.. (y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
When folk have electric, some will use as much as they can. I did work out with heating on especially I can use £6 worth of electric in 24 hours.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I agree Sue but hopefully as funsters , and on 6 amps, as i said hopefully we wont take the pee . All i ever want if on hook up is to make sure batts are charged .
Need somewhere to go on Wednesday are you open yet @old-mo ?

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
We have all led lighting, no 220v, gas boiler and fridge, so 3 quid a night to boil a kettle seems reasonable but I assume some will be much heavier users.

As has been said, electricity charges aren't just about what is being used, you've installation costs to recoup, and then there's upkeep and maintenance costs to be considered Sir Mo.

No shame in changing the real cost.

Hymie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back