Free Member
Feb 21, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Rapido 963F
Exp
Off and on for a few yrs
Hello. hope i'm in the right place for this..My last vehicle motorhome wise was a Talbot..about 7-8 yrs ago did the job but the missus was always embarrased, took the odd grand child and they loved it.
After saving up, today we have £31,000. ....I'm really after this vehicle
He wants more than i have, i have emailed 3 times but had no reply, i asked if it could be a little cheaper..
Next week i will have another £1250.00 I know it's an Auto and maybe worth extra (even though i prefer a manual) how do i get this a little cheaper..Is it worth what he wants to the £..? Sorry if this is not explained properly...

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Read the question again above Northenraider. Are you willing to share the make and model with us - so we can all learn from your past experience?

The older quality vans tend to have engines that produce high CO2 that the governments on both sides of the channel are looking to reduce.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Read the question again above Northenraider. Are you willing to share the make and model with us - so we can all learn from your past experience?

The older quality vans tend to have engines that produce high CO2 that the governments on both sides of the channel are looking to reduce.
I've read it and answered it.

overall I'd rather pay a little more in road tax on an older vehicle than lose it in depreciation on a new one It's that simple

Buy a budget van at 32k and it will lose a fortune straight away

Buy a quality 2nd hand van at 32k and in 2 years it will probably still fetch 32k
And you've enjoyed the comfort and reliability of a better van in that time.

Makes sense to me

I could waste time detailing a multitude of vehicles I've done that with but I can't be bothered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I've read it and answered it.

overall I'd rather pay a little more in road tax on an older vehicle than lose it in depreciation on a new one It's that simple

Buy a budget van at 32k and it will lose a fortune straight away

Buy a quality 2nd hand van at 32k and in 2 years it will probably still fetch 32k
And you've enjoyed the comfort and reliability of a better van in that time.

Makes sense to me

I could waste time detailing a multitude of vehicles I've done that with but I can't be bothered.

Yes, I agree with you but I think he's asking you what year motorhome and what engine you have.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes, I agree with you but I think he's asking you what year motorhome and what engine you have.
I'm pretty sure that's in my profile but it doesn't help the point I'm making.

It doesn't need a specific name or engine to explain it.

I'd choose a 5 year old Audi over a brand new Kia.

There are a few things in life I buy brand new
Vehicles of any description isn't one of them.

The op has a budget of 31k and is slowly adding to it to buy his first van in a long time

I don't know his circumstances but his situation can change at any time he may buy one and decide in 6 months or a year to change it or sell it again.
Buying a new van and doing that is very costly.
Buying a good quality second hand one now .....it would fetch more in 6 months if he bought wisely

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oy! You spoiling for a fight? I'm on my second brand new Kia.:xgrin:
So are my mum and sister lol

Sorry but neither of them are as comfortable as the Audi a6 I had lol
my sister's last kia ceed cost her 6.5k over 3 years in depreciation
My Audi cost me 7k to buy and I sold it for 7800 after 18 months

Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Never having owned one and only lusted after a classic Hymer, I'd be more than happy to have one from the 1988 to 1995 era, there are loads of them in Europe, up snowy mountains, in the deserts,touring or being lived in for months on end all having fun. plus they seem to hold their price too.

But sadly I'm not in that position :xwink:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back